Sign in to follow this  
mk1_62

Non-ethanol gas?

The station down the road is now selling this, has anyone else tried it?

Nissan recommends it in the manual. I am wondering if it will help with mileage.

Edited by mk1_62

I'm not necessarily pro- or anti- ethanol, but I believe the theory is that if you run pure gasoline, your mileage should be a tick better. Generally the price is a tick higher, also. Most stuff around here is 10% ethanol, but there are some stations that advertise "ethanol free".

The manual does say the less the better and don't use e-15 or e-85. I am personally anti ethanol since it kills engines faster. Most landscapers avoid the stuff because of what it does to 2 cycle engines.

I've run ethanol free a few times.  I do get better mileage but it is not offset by the cost of the gas.  Around here a lot of stations sell it but it is all priced the same as Premium gas so it is quite a bit more.  I also run Premium when towing in the mountains, it helps guard against pinging and the motor pulling timing to stop it.  

I only run ethanol free in all my outdoor motors.  Ethanol is terrible for all of those motors especially if it sits longer than a week.  

I have a company has card(granted I own the company) so it's a write-off anyway.

I just filled up last week, so I'll see how it does after a few tanks.