Sign in to follow this  
Paul

How does the NV do in the snow?

I'm considering buying a high roof 3500 SV. Does it go well in the snow? If not, what type of tires would be helpful? I occasionally get caught in snow storms because I'm trying to finish a job and I forget to look outside.

Yeah I live in colordao, and i bought the NV Passenger. Although it is only 2wheel drive, it is also almost 5 tons. My plan is to put snow tires on in the winter.

I've been through one winter in Montana with my NV2500HD low roof. I tested out the traction control in 12" of wet snow with 26 degrees F outside. The traction control does what it claims to do. This vehicle handles better in winter conditions than my 2007 ford E250 did.

So would you agree that 4wd would have been overkill with this puppy?

Tip - when you find your back tires slipping / or lack of because of the traction control - just hit the button and turn it off . Your wheels will get a better grip and speed ( depending on the situation your in ) and pop it manually into first gear when going down a steep incline in snowy / icy conditions .

Dave

Edited by Locksmith