coando

Crazy Swerve on Highway!...any input welcomed

We have 2 3500 hightops, one of which swerves like crazy on the highway with the least amount of wind or something like an 18 wheeler passing by. Also doesn't track that well when going down the road, always wants to wander to one side or another. Also, the warning system light is often on, saying to check tire pressure even though, when checked by gauge they are equally and properly inflated. The edge of the tires are showing some wear. The other hightop doesn't have this problem and it general feels much more "grounded" and solid.

Any input about this problem will be much appreciated!

Get it into your dealer and have them check the steering components and do a alignment on it . Sounds to me like the toe and caster may be out of spec . The tire monitor system may have it's own issues , Nissan's are a little overboard on the relearn / reset procedures . (IMHO)

Glenn

I do know these puppies do not like strong cross winds at all. was in the flats of colorado on my way back from michigan with two hd's in the back when we had to get a room the wind was so bad. mines never done what yours is doing.

All I know is this crazy *B swerved into my 3500 HD SV with 54,000 miles on it with over 15K in custom work into it .

Totaled it ! *#%#

I have never noticed that . When you first get one with fresh tires you just need to wear them in a little . Other than that I hope you get that resolved. ?

Locksmith