Sign in to follow this  
biondold

Should I buy or Not?

I love to camp with friends but they have all the toys like a trailer, 5th wheel and a pop up and I have a tent.

I would like to consider a Nissan NV 2500. I have all the camping equipment I need and it would be much dryer than a tent.

My question is would this vehicle be appropriate just for myself for everyday driving.

I wanted to know your thoughts.

Thanks

Dan

i have actually seen people take the cargo van NV and mod it into a sweet RV. As for camping just you, or even you and a bunk mate, it would be more than acceptable. There are version that have plugs in the back of the van, so you could even have a powered air mattress. Truth be told, you may be the one who turns the heads. MPG is around 12mpg though, so dont have delusions.

I have a 3500nvp, and i love it.

around town 12 or less, it says 17.5 MPG on highway, for camping this thing is great, I take mine upstate to my Hunting club, hold's plenty of gear, and you could put a air mattress in the back and sleep high and dry, I also have a bench seat that I take in and out. so there is room for 4 or 5.

But after this weekend I will get some snow tires, did some slipping on the wet gravel roads and grass!

I bought mine specifically to make a basic weekend camper out of . I travel all over the southeast riding motorcycle Trials events , and with my 2 boys , dog and all the related gear, I've never wanted for more room . I've insulated the top and sides , added a removable bench seat and a window in the sliding door . I'm 6 feet tall and still have plenty of room to spread out my sleeping bag and stretch out with the bench seat in place .

Mine is a 1500 s with the V6 and I find it has plenty of power for anything I plan to do with it . And although I practice driving for max. mpg. (just always have...) I get about 19 around town and 21/22 while traveling with trailer and bikes . (Aluminum trailer w/bikes only weigh about 600lbs.). I planned on using one of my miata's for a daily driver when I got the NV , but as my daily commute is only about 14 miles round trip , I'm spending what little free time I have rebuilding one of them from the ground up for my eldest son and may swap a ford 5.0 v8 into the other one for me ...

And if your thinking about getting a NV , do it asap , With the demise of the Ford E series and the GM fullsize vans , NV's ain't gonna get any cheaper than they are right now .

Nissan has kinda cornered the market for this type of vehicle at this time , and a sprinter doesn't even come close to one .(IMHO)

Glenn

Actually that is what encouraged me to act sooner rather than later. I really think that once Nissan knows it has a show-stopper it will raise price due to demand. and for those of you looking now and are having trouble getting the dealer to go below MSRP, that has alot to do with where you love and the fact that the Nissan production line is not hardcore into the NV line. once they invest into a full rate production, that price will go up.

ask yourself this, how can this 12 passenger van that weighs almost 5 tons, be almost 10k cheaper than a suburban...answer, it wont be for long!