Jaydog1298

Getting better MPG,

I have a 2012 2500hd with the 5.6. It has almost 40,000 miles on it and I bought it in may of this year. This van has the worst gas milage ever. But I built a cold air intake kit for it and I'm still in the test phases.  I can currently say my mpg's are now at 19 mpg at 65mph on the highway. I will receive well over 500 miles out a tank. Now I know there is not one single cold air intake kit for this van on the market. I call k&n and ask when one will come out. They responded with a no. We are not creating one for it. So I made one that I will be selling on eBay here. But I am looking for someone with a high top so I can have the readings off of it. I will build one. Any one interested in buying one. Email me. Oh btw I am a ford master technician.  Email me if interested. JWNlogistics@aol.com

hell i get 16.5 on my nv2500 with two harleys in the back, but reads very interesting, does it void the warranty.

Yes it will void the warrantee if you actually drive into the dealer and someone that's smart enough catches it . I have been looking for a CAI for 19 months with zero luck

Custom headers mmmm sounds good to me ;)

I may shoot you a email if someone can find the van I am looking for

I have a 2012 2500hd with the 5.6. It has almost 40,000 miles on it and I bought it in may of this year. This van has the worst gas milage ever. But I built a cold air intake kit for it and I'm still in the test phases. I can currently say my mpg's are now at 19 mpg at 65mph on the highway. I will receive well over 500 miles out a tank. Now I know there is not one single cold air intake kit for this van on the market. I call k&n and ask when one will come out. They responded with a no. We are not creating one for it. So I made one that I will be selling on eBay here. But I am looking for someone with a high top so I can have the readings off of it. I will build one. Any one interested in buying one. Email me. Oh btw I am a ford master technician. Email me if interested. JWNlogistics@aol.com

I am curious. How are you driving this? I use one for Cargo work and get 20 MPG and at times 22 MPG. I do 60-62 and don't have any issues with gas. I can get almost 550 miles per tank. I'm a courier and gas expenses are very important to me. I won't take it city drive cause it sucks in the city.

20 MPG Driving a 5.6 - wow that's amazing ?

Edited by Locksmith

20 MPG Driving a 5.6 - wow that's amazing ?

Yep. I don't speed, use cruise control and I use Sunoco gas when I'm on the highway. City driving it totally sucks. I avoid city driving at all costs. Allot is how you drive it, I've learned. I've learned, take your foot off the gas down a hill; if you see a stale green night, take your foot off and let gravity slow you down. Saves your brakes too. I take it to Nissan every month for an oil change and they are shocked when they see the mpg on my screen.

My sales man said, allot is how you drive.

Edited by njc112

Yep. I don't speed, use cruise control and I use Sunoco gas when I'm on the highway. City driving it totally sucks. I avoid city driving at all costs. Allot is how you drive it, I've learned. I've learned, take your foot off the gas down a hill; if you see a stale green night, take your foot off and let gravity slow you down. Saves your brakes too. I take it to Nissan every month for an oil change and they are shocked when they see the mpg on my screen.

My sales man said, allot is how you drive.

Nice going ..!

But I just can not keep my foot off the gas keeping everyone in my side mirrors ;) always have a emergency call and I have to get there fast . And the 3500 V8 5.6 does a damn good job of it . :):)

Nice going ..!

But I just can not keep my foot off the gas keeping everyone in my side mirrors ;) always have a emergency call and I have to get there fast . And the 3500 V8 5.6 does a damn good job of it . :) :)

Hey Mr Locksmith, Please help me out. I drive a GMC 3500 V8 Savana and I get 280miles on a 30gal tank. Is your truck a NV V8 High top? If so I need to know how many miles you get on a full tank because I want to replace my truck with the NV V8 high top, and everyone here says the NV just sucks to much. Honestly I don't believe there is a vehicle worst than my truck as far as fuel consumption is concerned.

Thanks

Do you all have MPG indicators in your trip computer? Mine does not despite the manual stating this should scroll after avg mph and before time. Please help, dealer is saying they don't have the option because of the terrible mpg. My wife is getting 9-11 mpg with out 12 passenger kid hauler. Pretty terrible.

Hi, I have a hight and would be glad to try the cold air intake.

Let me know

There are CAIs that work. Chck some of my other posts.

Motor Trend just completed a year with a standard top NV 2500. They averaged 14 mpg over 25,616 miles. Hard copy of article should be in the 5/13 issue... or go to

http://m.trucktrend.com/roadtests/van/163_1305_2012_nissan_nv_2500hd_long_term_verdict/viewall.html

I think Car and Driver tested a high top about a year ago.

My last tank showed 14.23 mpg based on fill up. This is for a 2500 standard top converted to a camper. The conversion curb weight is 6,917 lbs up from 5996 lbs, thus carrying 921 lbs. This is well below the 3104 payload capacity. Getting it packed now for a trip to Canada and Alaska.

Mine has an average mpg indicator in the trip computer. I just reset it for our trip. It reads better mileage (15.3 mpg overall when I averaged 13.34).

Motor Trend/Truck Trend just posted a 2013 Best of Class. Go to above link and click on Road Tests. NV was second behind Sprinter. Ford, Chevy and Dodge (?) also evaluated but data not clearly rated. Not bad for a brand new van design, or updated panel truck :)

Edited by radin2son

Spent about a week talking to nissan customer care about mpg indicator...they were puzzled and had to talk to "engineering.". Ffnally told me the mpg indicator was removed from the trip computer on 2013 model year...I think that is pretty telling of the NV's fuel efficiency.

That's really strange that they would remove something like that, you would think the newer models would have improvements, is there any other changes from 2012 to 2013 that you know of ?