Sign in to follow this  
bluetiger

Miles per Tank full High

Hi to you all

I want to replace my GMC Savana 3500. Im 6 foot 1 and want a high top. Sprinters are way over priced.

I would like to know how many miles you get on a full tank of gas. V8 or V6 please .

Edited by bluetiger

i recently test drov a high top v 6 2012 nv 2500 and acording to the computer i was averaging 19 mpg @ 65 mph high way and 16 mpg city .

And the van was empty .

im working out of a 08 silverado now 1500 v 6 and it only gets 17 highway @ 65 mph and 15 mpg city and its packed with tools with bed slide .

would be nice not climbing in and out of back of truck plus the cap needs new seals .

probley will buy.

Edited by heratage

Hi, have a 2012 2500,V8 hi top, love it. Semi-retired with wife. Use it for RV (self made), travel from NJ to CO, WY and get 19.2 mpg and that is with the thing reset and started on the highway going 70 for several hours at a time, even hit 20mpg. When I hit the mountains drops to 17. Easily put 4,000+ miles within a few weeks/per trip. So we push it.. Presently using it for around town including idling while wife shops and goes to about 14+. MPG readings change dramatically as soon as you change road conditions (traffic), inclines, and the time duration of average sampling. Going downhill for several miles - you'll get 30+ mpg. The only reason some people complain about mpg because they never had a vehicle that measured mpg every minute. Once the average goes down (depending on how long due to idling, stop and go, and then break into a highway, it will take a long time to bring the average up). So RESET and start fresh. :Love this van over my 2001 E350 (200,000), I'm a shade tree mechanic and have gone over the engine, Nissan did a nice great job on the engine etc..Inside he attachment holes are great for bed supports, cabinets. etc. The driver and passenger have some much room and comfort that you can easily drive 10 hours without getting tired - if tired, stand up and walk to the back and sleep.

In NJ all the tradesman 'white' Sprinter are rusting out, the paint jobs are a joke for the money they spent, they should have bought a NV and used the difference in money to buy gas if they are that concerned about mpg- they will be ahead many years. My E350 paint still looks better than most older Sprinters.

Only problem is getting it covered and protected. Have to cut the garage door up to 9ft this summer (luckily have clearance),

I guess I can say we didn't buy the NV for its gas mileage. Lol

The 1500 I'm driving averages 16.1. Mostly highway. From Richmond to Danville. Short top version.

3500 low top v8.. im at a very hilly location... seeing about 11-13 when driving up and down hilly highway areas and 14-15 on flat highway

I have a 2015 nv 2500,v8 high top. I get about 12,13 mpg.I have maybe 400 pounds load inside and ladder rack on the roof. Full tank computer says 325 miles range. I stay around 70 on the highway, local roads usually within 10 miles over speed limit.

Working on my taxes and now that I have all my gas receipts in order, I am about 7mpg. 1 time I actually broke 200 miles in a tank of gas and that was when it was empty.

Now I tell people what the 5.7 engine actually stands for. It's 5.7 mpg.

Fortunatly I only drive 6000 miles a year.

Rick

Your mileage just got worse, it's actually a 5.6l ;)

See, what these vans may lack in fuel mileage is made up for by never having to open the hood for maintenance;)

I have a low top with pipe rack 2015 nv 2500 sv with the 5.6 the dash is saying around 20 mpg mixed driving on mostly flat roads( I live on the coast of va ) sometimes more or sometimes less . But I really haven't had a chance to do the proper method yet. I'm too busy trying to drive the wheels off of it :-) oh yeah it is my company van I do have a fair amount of tools and material on it. I'm a plumbing contractor.