Sign in to follow this  
Crisman

Suspension lifts for NV

Does anyone know if the Titan suspension is the same as the NV. I know it's on a similar platform and frame that is a little beefier. Curious if the spindles are the same.

I am also really interested in this. I wouldn't need much, a few inches at most. Perhaps a small body lift to accompany, so slightly larger tires will clear. We only need enough to get in and out of small washes in the desert, and keep us out of most of the rocks.

A salesman told me it's different, because it's made in the US. Whatever that's supposed to mean. I also asked if he knows whether there is a locking rear differential available, and he told me it has traction control. I asked him to elaborate, but he didn't seem to know what he was talking about. I explained I am hoping to get a selectable locking differential, but he looked pretty lost. I changed my line of questioning. 

I was poking around underneath, and it appears that you could, if you wanted to risk your warranty, use longer coilover shocks up front, and have a good suspension shop fix the camber and alignment issues. Then a simple block lift out back. I would guess you could squeak out a few inches, no more than two this way. It's not ideal, since it's IFS, but it could be a temporary solution. 

In Salt Lake City, Advanced Four Wheel Drive has been converting these to 4x4. It's not listed on their site, but I saw one in person, and looked to have a short lift installed. I didn't have a lot of time when I was there, and I was busy collecting parts for a Ford project, so I didn't pay it any mind. 

A salesman told me it's different, because it's made in the US. Whatever that's supposed to mean. I also asked if he knows whether there is a locking rear differential available, and he told me it has traction control. I asked him to elaborate, but he didn't seem to know what he was talking about. I explained I am hoping to get a selectable locking differential, but he looked pretty lost. I changed my line of questioning. 

I was poking around underneath, and it appears that you could, if you wanted to risk your warranty, use longer coilover shocks up front, and have a good suspension shop fix the camber and alignment issues. Then a simple block lift out back. I would guess you could squeak out a few inches, no more than two this way. It's not ideal, since it's IFS, but it could be a temporary solution. 

In Salt Lake City, Advanced Four Wheel Drive has been converting these to 4x4. It's not listed on their site, but I saw one in person, and looked to have a short lift installed. I didn't have a lot of time when I was there, and I was busy collecting parts for a Ford project, so I didn't pay it any mind. 

I have a Quigley 4x4 Conversion NV that has the optional 2 inch lift, I know that they put blocks out back but I'll have to check the front for you.  I am pretty sure that when it was converted they used titan front spindles, don't quote me on that but I am pretty sure.  The traction control acts like a limited slip, using the brake to slow the wheel without traction sending torque to the one that needs it. Not a locker but more than nothing.  I guess I would have to research what axle was used to be sure you could get a locker for the correct application, if you find out let us know! 

It would be awesome to know we could use Titan spindles. I wouldn't be surprised to find that there is a few custom bits in there too though. Where we would be driving it, a locker is really what we need. I wouldn't trust the traction control to work as well as a locker off road. Obviously the 4x4 conversion would be the ticket, but it's an expensive ticket too, immediately adding about 10k to the price of a naked cargo that already over 30k. Still, it's the vehicle that we could take just about anywhere we wanted to take it, and I think that it's probably leaps and bounds more reliable overall than the MB Sprinter. 

Does anyone know what diff these vans have stock? its someone told me they have limited slip... dont think thats true though..

i got my NV for 24k before tax and tag new