We have had our 2013 NV for 3 weeks and are already on our 2nd windshield which has already cracked. There are no signs of rocks or anything hitting the windshields and they seem to crack when it is cold out. I have never had this problem with any other vehicle that I have owned! does anyone know if this is nissan issue?

I've never heard of such a issue , But I would be checking the mounting flange really close for any irregularities ...

We have had our 2013 NV for 3 weeks and are already on our 2nd windshield which has already cracked. There are no signs of rocks or anything hitting the windshields and they seem to crack when it is cold out. I have never had this problem with any other vehicle that I have owned! does anyone know if this is nissan issue?

Hombre I had mine about a wekk or so, when a pebble hit the windshield. Was just a nick, got home and parked her. Came out and the windshiled had cracked. went back to the dealers and had a nice ass powwo about that. end of story they landed a new windshield.

THIS I would like to hear more about. I'm not going to drop $39000 on a van that like to break its windshields as a habit.

7500 miles on my High top and no issues.

1 year old, 11,000 miles. 9" crack suddenly appeared starting from top of windshield. No evidence of stone impact or any impact. << CORRECTION: There was a small stone impact mark near the edge, so this post is about nothing.

Edited by cwmacphail

I doubt after a year the dealer would do anything unless as Axulsuv suggested there is an irregularity in the flange...

I would use a good windshield replacement business, not necessarily where your insurance company wants to send you. Have them check it while you are there. If there is a problem, contact your dealer. Probably will get a "wear and tear" initial response.

The tough part will be whether or not to put in a new windshield that may crack again if the problem is not fixed and how many windshields your insurance will cover.

This is a good example of (Dunn625) not posting a follow up.

You can always use Ruben as a negotiator...

Edited by radin2son

53000 on my 2019 nv 

windshield #3 

it has a rock chip now 

... i have noticed that the windshield will not take a hit very well 

going to trade it 

i think it is the pitch of the glass and the size of it , and it is flat.

it is almost like it is inverted wide on the top and skinny on the bottom 

maybe this is not good for the glass the stress and the pitch all placed into one is the wrong combo .  

i have 173k on another truck and it just cracked out  in 2020 and a suburban that was good from 2012 to 2020 . 200,000 on that one 

if i was Nissan , cut the glass down 6 inches   the front windshield does not need to be that big . holy cow . the engineering on the windshield has done me in. 

you need to to put a curve in it so it is stronger .  kind of mad cause this van should have hit the market with AWD and a better windshield and they would have done very good .

everyone likes the drive and the handling and it is tough truck .

and the room is good . 

Its like playing soccer with out a CUP .  Sooner or later your going to get racked  

High top or standard top? Not that it matters.

Large chip just out of eyesight on driver side (standard top). Repaired. Much later, crack appeared near top through tinted area, also on driver side. Replaced for free by insurance. 

Could it be that roads are in such bad shape that all sorts of things are being kicked up? You can hear hits, but maybe not near the top. 

We are on our second NV windshield.  Our CRV, which is 2 years newer, is on its third windshield in 3 years. I blame it on bad roads and just dumb luck. ?‍♂️

Agreed.  It's down to chance.  My wife averages 5 nails a year in her tires and has never had a windshield chip, let alone a crack.  We gave her last car to one of the kids and he immediately got a pair of good size stars.  I get maybe 1 nail a decade (and spend much of my working life on construction sites) but get lots stars.  So far I've only been lazy once and ignored a star that turned into a crack.  Sold that van to a friend and the new windshield is now cracked.  Now that I've jinxed myself, happy new year.  May it be chip free.