Hefner

Gettting new 3500 Pass SL TOMORROW! Tires & wheels?

What size off road tires will fit? I figure 17x9 wheels with 265 BFGs?

The wheels are 8 lugs on a 165mm circle. Make sure the offset is correct. The Stock wheels are 17" x 7.5" with a +1.6" (40mm) Offset.

If you go wider, make sure you adjust the offset so you don't rub the tire in corners.

The Tirerack info shows D load range 245/75R17s are stock, but I can't find any tires in the stock size that aren't load range E (3195lb).

I have found a few manufacturers that make 20" wheels that have several offsets available for the 8-165 pattern in varying offsets.

If you keep your backspacing the same, you won't have to worry about rubbing, but it will shift all of the additional width to the outboard edge of the rim.

Backspace = (width/2)+offset+0.5inch, NV wheels have 5.85" of backspace. A 17x9 wheel with +1.0" offset would have 6.0" of backspace. Thus only reducing your inner tire clearance by 0.15". Not too bad.

(edited the backspacing calulation to add 0.5")

(edited 6.8" of backspace to 6.0", type-o)

A 275/55R20 tire in an XL load range (tirerack.com) has a rated load of 2833lb.

Info from the NV Passenger Body Builders Guide shows that the tires have a load rating of 3000lb in the rear @ 80PSI and 2205lbs in the front at 50PSI.

I'm not sure how you feel about sacrificing 137lbs per tire of load capacity, but I personally wouldn't worry about it unless you plan on loading the van to its full capacity and towing with it at the same time.

Edited by JimmyM

Great info for the memory bank !!!!

Thanks ,

Glenn

Anybody else get wheels for their NV? Can you share and show some pics?