cray54

Long Hood vs. High Reliability

I've been thinking:

The Nissan NV has a pickup-truck style long hood (intended, I understand, for ease of maintenance)... but it apparently isn't necessary since the Nissan NV doesn't seem to need any maintenance! 

I'd really like some extra room in the back, maybe they could tuck the front just a bit for that extra room now that we know how reliable they are :-).

I think that’s what will happen with the next generation. The new Titan hood is about 10 shorter than the NV2500 hood. And they will hopefully offer a stretch with another 15-20 inches or so in the back.

Those changes would literally be the only reason we d ever sell our NV. An extra 20 inches in the back would open a whole new world of possibilties, eg wet cell.

Anyone want to guess when the NV will be up for a redesign? 2020 model year? 2021 model year?

The Titan was not touched forever and NV's are still selling very well.  No motivation to change it unfortunately.  

I see tons of posts on the FB forum about more vanity stuff since 90% of them are family haulers with huge families.  This is a commercial vehicle and they dont seem to get it.  You start adding the other stuff it will drive the costs way up and then they may not/wont buy it.  Ever look at what an Armada costs in SL trim?  $50 grand!  How about a nicely trimmed Burb?  $60+ grand!  

No thanks.  There are some small things I would like (turn the dome lights all on with one switch? yes please), maybe make the fit and finish a little nicer, but over all it suits needs well.  It is still the only vehicle out that can do what it does - haul lots of people, gear or both and still be able to tow something bigger than a small utility trailer or pop-up.  

I wouldn't mind a few more inches in the back, but I don't want to surrender any of the leg room in the front.

As a former Chevy van owner, I would not want Nissan to change NV's front end. I remember how difficult it was to work on the van. I also like people coming up asking "What is that thing?"  B)

As a former Chevy van owner, I would not want Nissan to change NV's front end. I remember how difficult it was to work on the van. I also like people coming up asking "What is that thing?"  B)

Now that you have the NV, how often do you have to work on it?

66,000 miles on ours. Only thing I’ve done is changed a rear O2 sensor myself.

We bought our previous GMC Savana at 60,000 miles and drive it to 120,000. In that time I had to work on damn near everything. I have a much, much better feeling about the NV.

Now that you have the NV, how often do you have to work on it?

None so far :) , knock on wood.