Sign in to follow this  
DECOCW

VSS wire color

Any one knows what color is  the vss ( Vehicle speed sensor) wire on the stock radio wiring harness? I know its there because i see a speed sensitive volume button. I am changing the stock radio with an in dash navigation system from JVC that requires a vss connection. Thanks i appreciate any input.

Bobby

Update. I have found the vss wire for anyone who is is interested in replacing their stereo. It is the pink wire on the existing car stereo harness.

Bobby

Hey bobby, before you found the VSS wire, did your Jvc head unit " think" you were stopped at all times? That may prove useful if someone happened to find it annoying that your co-pilot can't operate certain features of the factory nav while the vehicle is moving... Just curious :)

The Navication was working okay before, it just wasnt giving me the over the speed limit warning. Other than that i did not notice any difference.  

I did not try to input any data in the Nav while i was driving so i dont know the answer to that.

Bobby