Sign in to follow this  
ASD Dad

Snake!

My van sits a week to a month at a time now, we mainly use it for towing our camper and when going out with extended family. Turned on my AC and crazy racket came from blower motor and blower stopped (blew fuse). Took to dealer since I couldnt see anything when to took the cabin filter cover off down in the fan cage.

Snake!! About 18" long, looked to be a small Rat snake. All the mechanics were taking photos, I was the first snake they have removed (normally a mouse, chipmunk, etc).  When the racket started my wife about jumped into the back of the van.

Funny thing was an older guy was there for the same problem but he had a mouse that died in his Titan blower motor.  We were chatting in the waiting room.  Normally this only happens in the winter, not when it is 80* out.

Wow!! Thats crazy!!! Most of our snakes here stay on the ground and we’ve had a few in the house over the yrs but never in a vehicle.

We have a king snake who wanders around our yard. Mostly stays in the undergrowth but also climbs trees. One day saw him partially under our car and tried to grab him (?) but he made his way into the engine bay. Must not have stayed long. We haven’t seen him in awhile...

Bamps, do you ever bring back stowaway rodents when you camp? Mostly, we find them after they took their last drink in the gray water pan we put under our van.

Edited by radin2son

Ugh, can’t imagine! I guess that would be one downside to the fact that you’re saving gas when it’s parked....

We have a king snake who wanders around our yard. Mostly stays in the undergrowth but also climbs trees. One day saw him partially under our car and tried to grab him (?) but he made his way into the engine bay. Must not have stayed long. We haven’t seen him in awhile...

Bamps, do you ever bring back stowaway rodents when you camp? Mostly, we find them after they took their last drink in the gray water pan we put under our van.

Not yet that I Edited by Bamps

Oh wow my kids would freak out! Any recommendations on how to prevent something like this from happening, we only use the van during the weekends right now.

Edited by irv

Oh wow my kids would freak out! Any recommendations on how to prevent something like this from happening, we only use the van during the weekends right now.

We were told mint oil will stop mice and chipmunks so we are using that to see if it will also help with the snakes.  Best way to spray is to dilute it in rubbing alcohol and then spray from a bottle.  The alcohol evaporates and leaves the peppermint oil behind.  Also smells nice!  

I sprayed under the hood around the intakes (up my windshield area), in the vents, under the dash, etc.