Sign in to follow this  
bachex

Loving the NV3500 HD SL

We've had our NV3500 for a year now. We have 6 kids and it's great to have the extra room. We drove it from Utah to Texas last summer and it was great. I had the van on cruise at about 95mph through some barren areas and it was amazing how smooth it was. We had a Chevy Express before this and the NV makes the Express feel like a tin can. We also haul our 28' travel trailer that's about 7k pounds fully loaded. No real problems other then the fact that it bogs down on hills and gets about 10mpg when I go over 70mph.

We have just about 12k miles on the van. My wife loves it. She has a bit of a lead foot so we only get about 12mpg because most of the driving she does is around town, but this isn't much different than our Express. It's hilarious how many looks we get. We are asked about the van quite often in the parking lot, in restaurants ("Is that your van out there? Can we look at it?"). 

I want to put some 20" wheels on because the factory wheels look so dumb. I'm worried that this is going to make the ride more harsh though. Any thoughts?

Also, I want to be able to tie a canoe or sea kayak on the roof. Any ideas how to get some anchors or tie down things that can go into the factory screw things on top?

We are looking to put 20 - 22" wheels on our van.