andy_george

So quiet!

It's been quiet a long time.  FB groups are quite busy but its a lot of the same questions and posts.  Not sure why this site doesnt get more attention, a lot of their questions would be quickly found here.

I deleted FB years ago but still get spam FB email. Does anyone on FB mention this forum?

The Sportsmobile forum sends 2 emails a week with new posts. It generates replies but most are from regular long term members. In NV

It would be a shame if this web version 1 site disappeared. Simple and straightforward, and not following your every move.

What do we have to do to keep it going?

FB big page has at least 1 person a day shopping for one.  Many fly or drive out of state to get get them too.  Quite a few 4x4 conversions, lifts, racks, wheels, etc...  LOTS of huge families, that seems to be the main poster on the busiest page.  

Still, may questions could easily be found here.  What wheels/tires fit, what camper can I tow, rack options, etc...  The rest are questions we dont see often - kids car seat configurations, kids stuff storage, kids stuff cleanup, etc.

Lots of dealer feedback as well and pricing feedback.

My guess is most of these families are already on FB so a post on the NV page pops right up and they can jump in.  Or its very easy to post to the page.  Doesnt matter if you have to find a sub forum or use the search (they almost never do).  Just post away and somebody will chime in.

I would buy a last model year if they were going to discontinue just so I had the least miles and newest chassis. Nothing at all wrong with my 2015 but I want to keep it as long as possible.

@Rad - beware Dahle - there are a LOT of negative posts about that dealership and I personally had a bad experience with them talking with their manager Tyler Slade.  Guy was rude and arrogant then flat out refused to answer questions.  I was thinking of getting a leftover 2018 a few months back.  Wanted upgrades too - wheels/tires, rack, running boards and even discussed 4x4.  Still nothing.  After reading post after post of people having issues with sales, service and the actual van/conversion I am so happy I walked away.  Some people have been waiting weeks to months on getting issues resolved with crickets for a response even from Slade.  Not acceptable especially when paying that much.

Having a "factory" parts 4x4 sounds wonderful but I wont deal with them ever.  Dahle may be the largest with the most vans in stock but many wont deal with them now after posts on FB.

I get what you are saying, but I based this on meeting an actual owner, who expressed no negatives about the finished product. He lives in Washington, so Dahle

Now that we are awake...

The Washington owner said the same thing. He needed 4x4 and wasn

Seriously??  A UNIBODY Defender?  One of the greatest off road vehicles in motoring history??  My old friend had two Defenders and they were beasts.  Crude.  Very crude.  But were unstoppable.  What a way to tarnish a brand.  Name it something else, what do they have to lose?  Going off the name and trying to get hipsters to buy it who have never seen the original Defender and just know the name brand.  

I agree with above, nothing out there will fit out needs and I dont see anything coming that will.  There is still nothing made on the market that is current gen that will do what the NV does.  There are others that can hold more people or stuff but none can tow anything bigger than a small trailer.  That is the key for us - nothing out there tows this much that can carry anywhere near the same amount of payload.  Anything else in this towing class is a pickup.  Chevy and Ford used to have options in the 3/4T Burb and Excursion but got out of the market.  Hopefully Nissan keeps the NV going as what it is.  Even if you wanted to spend double the NV there is still nothing out there in its class.