angelinejovan

NV2500 HD High Top 2014 & me & my Dog

... & a middle of the night stuck door!

Hi folks! Noob here as I have had my van since May but only started full time in August. Thank you all for being here!! Hoping to learn a lot!! First order of business is this sliding door! Having found myself with the good fortune of overnighting near a lovely clean toilet! I have an onboard one, but do so appreciate the rare times I can enjoy the flush & walk away!!

Anyway, a usual 2am pee call... being 67.. I do need to utilize the facilities at night... elderly bladder - what can I say! Lol! I can

Welcome.

Not a common problem at least on this forum. YouTube has NV specific videos for electrical and latch issues. Just google

Edited by radin2son

Hi,

I have been experiencing a similar problem. Seems to be related to the rear latch not aligned properly. It's an intermittent problem. When it happens,I go out the front door, then push hard on the door near the rear latch. Then it works fine for a while. I Don't have a permanent fix, maybe try lubricating the latch?

Hi! Thank you for pointing me to YouTube - found a video on NV2500 with the same problem!

https://youtu.be/SLlkyiztssQ

He even has a work around for safety. Have not been able to implement his fix yet, as I need a special 6-pointed screwdriver - why if course!  So after getting stuck again this AM (not what I want to wake up to...) I am off to find this special tool.  I

You

Edited by radin2son