Sign in to follow this  
Midwaymatt

Hello from Southern Idaho

Hello all, new member here. Although I am not OFFICIALLY an NV owner, I will be within 30 days. Quick backstory, as this will lead into why the upcoming NV purchase. For 48 years, all was fine, I spent 31 of those years becoming a journeyman lineman which eventually led to becoming a corporate construction manager for one of the largest Native Corporations in Alaska. (not bad for a country boy from Idaho)

Less than 2 years ago all that changed. Due to a necessary surgery ( messed up Aorta) and a clamp left on 5 minutes to long, i no longer walk as I am paralyzed waist down.  Until that day I had always driven 4 door F350 Strokers. Minimum 6 inch lifts. Not much chance of me getting into one if those now.  So, after trying a new F150 out, and refusing to use any type of lift to get into it, my wife has laid down the law, and after seeing a NV 3500 4wd conversion in black running around town, it has been decided I have to get one of these. Going from my big trucks into what I would have called back in the old days " a bus" , is not an easy switch. But after seeing what can be done to these, it appears to be the only thing close to big, tough and functional vehicle for me that is out there. 

Will be going with the following....

NV3500 HD Artic Blue (Only because you cannot get a Java in a 2020) 

Leather/Electronics Package

4 wheel drive conversion performed at DEALERSHIP

6 inch lift

Top rack (for the wife, I know, what would I do with it right? lol, only thing she asked for out of this deal)

black out kit

Toyo MT's, 35's

Side Steps

and anything else I can find to do with it before its delivered to me. 

Auto ramps for chairs/hand controls installed locally after delivery to my house

Although a bit still apprehensive about the purchase, it does help looking at some the rides/places I have seen discussed on here. 

Hoping to get some great ideas that I can do as well from all of you. 

Thanks for reading the ramble,

Matt

Welcome. Like your attitude and your wife’s good judgement. You will love your new truck. The 4x4 version has to be one of the best/toughest looking vans out there. 

Now that photos can be attached, you will have to keep us up to date. 

Hi Matt, Just responded to your PM

Edited by quietriot

That’s not a “bus!” Great looking truck. 

Even with 2x4, we get to most places. Love “manual mode.”  

1. Mud Mountains north of Barstow, CA 

2. Ore Mountains south of Barstow, CA 

3. “Closed” for season campground in Carson National Forest at 10,000’ between Abiquiu and Cuba, NM 

CF1E9864-8CE6-4F1B-BA59-1EFE20AA1C0D.jpeg

C4CFCDD8-5712-49DD-8E39-CE715523C020.jpeg

BF69A0E7-11AC-4070-B409-A962FA2B3523.jpeg

Edited by radin2son