Sign in to follow this  
aztec

Floor and partition

Installed a Legend fleet KK plus plywood floor in my high roof.  Brilliant.  Perfect fit (the one in my Transit required trimming).  Includes pre-drilled holes and hardware to secure it to the D-ring mounting points (and/or re-install the D-rings.)  Also comes with longer bolts and holes for the tire jack base and diamond plate sills for the side and rear doors.

I also got another Sortimo ABS partition.  That was a bit more interesting.  Required cutting off the back third of the B pillar covers.  Instructions, all 20+ pages of them, were clear and reasonably accurate.  Odd thing, my last Sortimo used metric hardware.  This one came with 1/4-20.  Another weirdness, they said to use a rotary saw to trim the B pillar covers.  huh?  It's straight cuts on plastic.  Scored them with a fresh handy knife blade, slit the paper thin reinforcement webbing underneath, and snapped off the excess.  Much easier and more accurate.  Now Adrian Steel also makes an ABS partition.  After installing this Sortimo I'd venture that offering is probably worth a look.  If you've never had a solid ABS partition, imagine passenger car noise levels and all the heat and A/C stays in the cab.  Joy.  Also, they are dished to provide plenty of seat movement.

Now to mount the shelving.  I'm re-using my System Edstrom gear (now 18 years old and still like new.)  Usually I through-bolt or rivnut the bases of the racks to the metal van floor.  This time, since the wood floor is so thoroughly secured, I'll just use T-nuts under the plywood.  That will save a ton of work.  Probably won't have to remove the floor after I get the rack positions set and the holes drilled, just lift it up enough to slip in the T-nuts. 

One interesting thing on build quality, the wire to the side door plunger switch was mis-routed and very nearly crushed in half by the factory sill.  Easy fix.  Still looking for a DC source in the back of the van.  I'm probably going to use the overhead light circuit.  I'll meter to be certain, but with my gear and all the lights burning, the load should still be safely under it's 10A rating.

Anything in particular you want to see?