Sign in to follow this  
vanguy

3/4 or 1 ton

Researching and want to buy an NV.

The 2500 is rated to handle all my requirements, but I don't see all that many with V8 engines. The majority on the lots are V6.

Seems most 3500 have V8 engines.

No dealers close by,  so I have not got to test drive either one yet.

How does the 3500 ride compared to the 2500?

I currently have a Chevy 3500 van & the suspension is so stiff that when you run over a small bump in the road it feels like you just fell into the grand canyon. You better make sure you have the EXTRA strength poligrip on your dentures or they are going to come out.

I want to get away from the really stiff ride.

How does the Nissan 3500 ride compared to the 2500?

i have an 3500 NV, and it is loaded down with 2k lbs constantly... ride is amazing compared to any other fullsize vans... i dont know what the difference is between the 2500 and the 3500 but i assume the 3500 has a few more leaf springs so the ride might be a little bit stiffer in the rear

Edited by KMGLTZ

The NV brochure shows the high roof 2500 SV V8 curb weight as 6139 and the high roof 3500 SV V8 as 6143.From that small weight difference it would seem both units are using very similiar componets if not the same components.

The difference in weight I think can be explained by the tire difference. The 2500 cargo van uses a 70 series tire while the 3500 cargo van uses a LT245 75R17. This tire difference would also explain the GVWR difference of 9100 for the 2500 and 9900 for the 3500.

There should be more equipment differences than just a tire difference between the 2500 and the 3500 since there is a significant difference in base price between the two vans.

It may be that the Nissan marketing guys just figure since it is badged a 3500 series van they can automatically raise the price above a 2500 series and the customer will accept it even though it appears the tires are the only difference between a 2500 and a 3500 cargo van.

the nissan 3500 has more leafsprings then the 2500

The 2500 sits 1 inch lower than the 3500 due to the tire profile. If you don't need the capacity of the 3500 save the money! 800 pound GVW difference, only 5.6L in 3500. If you tow v/8 is better. Otherwise again, save the money.

I sell around the country!

2013 Nissan NV Summer Blow Out - 179.doc

3500 has lower gear ratio. they put on taller tires to make up for some of the lower gear. also has more spring rate.