thezenvan

Need to replace transmission fluid?

I have a 2013 Nissan NV2500 V8 with 100K miles on it.

I looked at the maintenance schedule for the van and I couldn't figure out if I should replace the transmission fluid at some point, from my understanding it's a sealed/maintenance-free transmission and doesn't require any fluid changing but I wanted to verify.

Thanks.

Look at 90k optional service. If you know your NV’s history, then you can decide if use warrants this. If not, I would get it checked/done. 

I had the coolant replaced at 80k at the recommendation of my independent mechanic. If the transmission fluid needs be replaced at 90k, then I’ll get it done. 

I don't know the history, I got it at 60,000 miles. I'll go ahead and change it

ASD Dad in an other post regarding this question tried to get the dealer to explain why this was needed. Couldn’t and decided against this. I on the other hand was convinced by the dealer to get this done and other unnecessary work done at 30k (36k warranty on 2012-13 NVs). At the time we were traveling and using dealers on the road. When I mentioned this to my independent mechanic, he laughed and told me it couldn’t hurt. So at worst it can’t hurt... just your wallet.