Sign in to follow this  
klockw243

Factory carpet for front of cabin

Hi All,

I got a used NV for the family at a great price, but when when I picked it up from out-of-town, I realized it only had vinyl floors. This is great for the rear, but I'd like to put carpet up front. I found part number 74902-1PB0A for the "Carpet assembly - floor / front mat" but it doesn't specify color, so I assume it's grey. I also noticed there was a different part number for the SL van, which I assume would have cut-outs for the center console (which my van does not have). 

Anyhow, has anyone gone through replacing the vinyl in the front with carpet? Is it pretty straight forward (remove trim, remove seats, etc.?)

Thanks!

Lotsa work but yes, you could do it.  Respect if you do it.  I can't even motivate myself to get floor mats.  

I don't mind unscrewing and removing everything, but am just worried about running into an unknown surprise. Luckily, its just carpet so you can always push it under surfaces or cut and re-glue areas. The other thing I'm looking at is whether I can put it over the existing vinyl, or if I have to remove that in order to fit the carpet.

For anyone stumbling on this thread in the future, I ordered part number 74902-1PB0B which a dealership told me was correct for upgrading the carpet in my "S" model which had vinyl flooring up front. The part I received was intended for vans with the console. I guess I incorrectly assumed there was a Nissan NV configuration with carpet up front, but no console, however maybe that was wrong. I now have a new carpet for the front cabin with six giant holes in it to mount the console. Ugh. Anyone selling a console? Haha!

Hello! What color did the carpet end up being?