Sign in to follow this  
radin2son

Takata Recall

2012-17 NVs, cargo and passenger, will get an airbag recall notice later this month. 

Put it in my VIN and it has been recalled. Air bag inflator will be replaced by one made by Daicel. 

My commercial dealer is closed except emergencies.  I guess a recall is an emergency but I am not driving anywhere with it so I am waiting it out.

You would think the recall notice could be mailed out regardless. Our NV also is sitting unused. 

Received recall notice today. My notice is specific to 2012 NVP and cargo vans rather than 2012-17. 

“Front driver air bag inflator” may not function properly or rupture during inflation. Same shrapnel problem as with other vehicles. 

Nissan will replace this for free. Should take an hour or as long as the dealer needs based on their work schedule. 

Made appointment on Friday to get recall done. Service advisor knew about the recall. Took our NV in this morning , Tuesday,  to learn part not in stock and hadn’t been ordered. Told today that this is a “new recall” as an explanation. Like I didn’t know. 

Airbag replacements parts kept in stock for other Nissans not NVs. Part is supposed to be ordered and delivered later today. Right! 

I will be surprised if the warehouse in Phoenix (?) has the part let alone get it here in time for my Thursday appointment. 

I get current logistics issues but this dealership never closed or limited services. Why not just say the recall is new and Nissan is having issues getting the part to dealerships. Or is the issue just your run of the mill incompetence?

Edited by radin2son

Part was delivered yesterday and service done this morning. Took about an hour. 

Dealer only 5 mi. from us so just an inconvenience to do this twice. Just make sure tour dealer has or orders the part if you have to travel far or take off from work.