Sign in to follow this  
North to Alaska

Hello! Moving to Alaska!

Just traded in my 2015 Transit for a 2016 NVP.

Picking up our travel trailer today (with the f150 since no brake controller yet in NV)

Going camping for the weekend with several showings already scheduled for the home we are selling.

Moving to the Delta Junction area in Alaska in the next month or two.

Project for the NV before trip is to change out transmission and differential fluid and install the brake controller. New tires too. NV will pull the travel trailer. 

Promise to post pictures!

Jeff from Iowa....for now.

Welcome. Great drive if you haven’t done it previously. In 2013 the Nissan dealership in Fairbanks helped us out with Check engine light (p0448) that came on due to pavement breaks and gravel roads.  Our NV was fairly new to us then. 

77AF10F4-0B10-42AE-9AA3-6A0F2B6E285F.jpeg

Yes, mine has had the evap valve issue done once before (carfax)

Every vehicle has their issues, some more than others.

Thanks for the picture!

Minor, self correcting issue until the next dusty road. Check to see if 2015 NVs are subject to the air bag recall. I tried to schedule this yesterday and was sent to voice mail. Doubt they have the parts on hand...

The photo above was was taken the end of May. RCMP had closed the road down on the Canadian side so we spent the delay doing laundry at a campground/gas station. Then their water pipes froze. Meanwhile the Yukon was flooding due to high temps and snow melt. 

Just got a check engine light. Read it withbthe torque app. 

Its the evap/ canister thing.

Did they have a fix for this? Something about running the line up to the filler tube area?

Back in November, 2017 Bamps posted a photo of where he moved the sensor to out of the wheel well. He hasn’t posted in awhile so you may have to pm him. 

I just clear the code when I return to pavement and hope it stays off. Usually comes back on next time I turn the ignition and does this until it “times out.”