MattyB

Discontinued NV

Proud owner of a new NV 3500, living in Reno, NV. What are folks thoughts on the rumors that Nissan is discontinuing the NVs? Does that mean anything to existing owners? 

Won’t mean too much. Lots of vehicles have met the same fate. 

Good work vans will hold their value over the course of many owners. NVPs may as well if Euro, unibody vans don’t hold up well or can’t do what an NV can. 

It may be a good time to upgrade to a 2020 NV particularly if you are considering a 4x4 conversion. 

I’m new here, just bought a nv 3500 passenger.  The salesman told me that the cargos were going bye bye but the passengers were going to continue to be sold as they are the most popular of the nv lineup. Also they would only be available at certain dealers who were certified as nv sellers. ??‍♂️ Hope that helps you. 

I believe you but find what the salesman said hard to believe. Nissan Corp is cutting costs to save itself. 

Same here.   There may possibly be more profit in the Passenger morsels, but I sure see a lot more cargo versions being used commercially.  I’d have to think if they continue makin the NV they keep both alive.  If they stop one, they both get discontinued.  ?‍♂️

Nissan has officially stated they are stopping ALL NV production.  It no longer meets their global sales design.  Its too big for anywhere but the USA for the most part and Transit/Sprinter still owns most the commercial business.  I know we all see commercial NV's a lot but Ford/Benz have way more sales.

Hey guys! Just arrived here on the forum as we are getting into our second NV pass. The news of Nissan getting out the commercial arena definitely sped up our decision to buy in 2020. At least I can get a 2021 still and drive it till the frame rusts out!  

When buying a 2021 NV, are dealers saying anything about end of production this summer?

Inventory through the year? 

Will their commercial investment mean anything? 

I hope it opens up the opportunity to use all Nissan dealerships for service and/or provide recall and warranty fixes. It would make it easier to find a local dealer. 

From what I understand production will end Summer 2021, last orders for cargos was in November 2020, last orders for passengers is April 2021. Corporate is killing off the commercial designation.