Sign in to follow this  
radin2son

Impact of NIssan dumping NVs?

Will this site continue after the last NV comes off the assembly line. May have already? 2021?

There is no site tie in to Nissan and the site gets very little traffic as well. Odd that there are more cargo NVs on the road and more business users recently posting here. 

This site is on life support as it is.  That said, keep in mind the oldest NV out there is what?  6 years old?  As they age and things inevitably fail, it's possible things will pick up as people search for answers.  Today's random thought: Has anyone considered putting a Nike swoosh logo on their van?  Given it looks like a shoe and all? 

Wasn’t the original nike van a VW? They initially sold shoes out of the VW at running events. 

Our 2012 NV will be much more dependable than our ‘83 Westy. (I’m still trying to figure out why we kept it for 16 years.) VW no longer has a van here, but there still are articles on the VW “magazine” web site. I doubt Nissan will devote any brochure space to their adventure in commercial vans. 

I thought when we bought ours in 2014 they would catch on better than they did.  There really isn’t a good reason NV’s didn’t get more popular, but people just love trucks and crossovers and big vans seem to be falling out of vogue.  And Nissan is in no position to try and beef up a market that isn’t low hanging fruit right now. 

If this site winds down eventually I’m sending Rad an MVP plaque lol.  He’s been involved and active here since the very early days, and his trip photos have frequently made me ask my wife “what if?” ??‍♂️