Sign in to follow this  
Ruthie moved to France

Ruth Tidd

Hello, I would appreciate some help if possible. I own a nissan NV200 2013 reg. I have recently moved to France from the UK and have bought my van with me. I am in the process of registering it here but I cannot do so until it passes it's control technique. The only thing that is stopping this is the headlamp dip position and I have been told I will need to change both entire light units. Is this the case or can it be adjusted by a technician?

A little far afield for this forum. Since these are popular camper vans in the UK, check to see if there is a UK forum. Or, google adjusting headlamp units. 

victoriamg.com has an article on how adjust the unit. Don’t know what mg means but it is Victoria car club. 

France may have a different system. 

I think that Ruthie will have to change the headlights. Because the UK folks drive on the left, the headlights dip to the left. In France, where folks drive on the right, the headlights need to dip to the right. I think.

I remember driving up close to a wall and attempting to adjust the headlights before inspection. Now it is just emissions, at least in AZ. 

You are probably right about the switch from left to right.

Save the units just in case the van relocated back to the UK.