Sign in to follow this  
Miles-Kevin Baron

How can I figure out which FRONT suspension I have.

I'm re-financing my 2014 NV 2500 S and one of the questions that's coming up on value are if is has "14K – 16k lb Front axle or 16k+ lb Front Axle/Susp"  I do have the tow package, and the V8, if that helps, but I can't find anywhere where it lists the front end specs.

Thanks in advance.

If they are asking 14k-16k axle ratings, something is seriously wrong.  The front axle rating is WAY less than that.  Someone is looking in the wrong place if they think those are the choices.  Open the driver's door and look at the label.  It will list the front axle weight rating, the rear axle, and combined.  The only thing not listed is the Gross Combined Weight Rating, that is the weight of the van and trailer combined.  That info is in the owner's manual.

You will have to check if you have the V8.  Can't answer that for you.  The 2500 could have that or the V6.

Tow package, walk around back and look if there is a 2" square hole below the rear bumper.   If you have that, that is where the hitch slides in and you have the tow package.  Generally the V8 always has it and the V6 is optional.  No hitch, no tow package.  The hitch and the wiring that goes with it are all there is to the tow package.