Sign in to follow this  
TJS6

Leaky Rear Doors

We have had our NV for a month or so now and being black we have it washed 2-3 times a week.  Every time it gets washed the rear doors leak and there is water running down the inside of the doors to the floor.  Is this a common problem that anyone has heard of and do I need to have the dealer look at it?  The only problem is all the dealers that are authorized for the NV in my area are not near us.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi there, Sorry to hear that. No such issues with ours. Only thing remotely close is that the drivers door collects some water between the 2 sets of weatherstripping at the bottom of the doors IF the van is parked with the nose pointing downhill... The water runs out when you open the door. I keep meaning to ask the dealer about it, but have yet to do so. I'll take some pics of my rear weatherstripping in the next day or so for you so you can see if maybe they missed affixing some?

Good luck!

I haven't seen the issue here. I'll look more closely in the coming days. Here where I live should be a good test ground. It has rained about 24 of last 30 days.

I have noticed that when I'm driving in the rain, I can hear the water splashing around the side door like someone turned on a fire hose. It is terribly loud.

Definitely don't have any rain in Southern California!  Thank you for your help.  I'm leaning to something missing or not installed properly at the factory

I live in wonderful but rainy Portland and haven't seen any leaking in my back doors, but am almost always parked on a level surface.

My side sliding door is leaky and also allows water inside when getting washed.  I have an appointment on Monday to get the door fixes as it is visibly not flush with the body when closed.  They are also fixing a few other things.

I noticed that my rear doors leak also.  I have an appointment with Nissan about the issue.  I will post back with what they say!  It has happened for 6 months but i always thought it was do to opening the rear doors during or after the rain / wash.  I sprayed the hose over the rear of the van then climbed in the sliding door and sure enough there is water running down inside rear doors.  At first I thought it was because I combat park in my pitched driveway.  I did a second test with it parked level in the street.  Sad to same it had the same results. Taking note to the weatherstripping I think it was a bad design by the engineers.  

There don’t seem to be any replies from Nissan , I’ve just discovered my NV 350 2019 is also leaking , is it the small sliding windows or the fixed pains of Glass . I’m starting to think I should have bought a Toyota.

Make sure your door seals are all clean...gunk collects and grows on the tops of them.  Also, the earlier vans are at the age where door seals have flattened out or been torn...replacements are readily available. 

On 7/11/2022 at 4:57 PM, NV350 owner said:

There don’t seem to be any replies from Nissan , I’ve just discovered my NV 350 2019 is also leaking , is it the small sliding windows or the fixed pains of Glass . I’m starting to think I should have bought a Toyota.

If you have a small sliding window, that is aftermarket.  Nissan never installed sliding windows in an NV3500. 

You can't blame Nissan for something that someone did cutting a hole in the side of the van and didn't install it correctly.  You have to take that up with the upfitter who installed the aftermarket radio.  They could have screwed up working on a Toyota just as well.