mdavis6890

Parking Sensors Broken Clips

Hi there! I have a 2013 NV 3500HD passenger, with a couple of rear parking sensors that have fallen out due to the plastic rings cracking apart. As far as I can tell, the sensor itself seems fine.

I can't find a way to purchase just the plastic bits - only the whole sensor - and they're very expensive. Over $200 each. I've found cheap knock-offs on eBay for other Nissan vehicles that look like they can work, but nothing for the NV. Any ideas if these are actually the same part (or at least matching plastic clips)?

Any other suggestions, other than just duct-taping the sensors in place (which I've considered!), that's not a multiple-hundred Dollar fix?

Thanks so much!

The oem sensors probably aren’t NV specific. There was a diy fix posted long ago. 

On 1/22/2021 at 3:17 PM, mdavis6890 said:

Hi there! I have a 2013 NV 3500HD passenger, with a couple of rear parking sensors that have fallen out due to the plastic rings cracking apart. As far as I can tell, the sensor itself seems fine.

I can't find a way to purchase just the plastic bits - only the whole sensor - and they're very expensive. Over $200 each. I've found cheap knock-offs on eBay for other Nissan vehicles that look like they can work, but nothing for the NV. Any ideas if these are actually the same part (or at least matching plastic clips)?

Any other suggestions, other than just duct-taping the sensors in place (which I've considered!), that's not a multiple-hundred Dollar fix?

Thanks so much!

Same issue here. Im waiting on reply from “ Decade “ to provide the 3D print file so i can 3D print them. Will print extras for the community if needed. 

Hey CarpeJoe--- were you able to get that 3D print file, and did the printed clips work?  I could really use 1 (even a second as a spare) if you are willing to send me a printed clip.

radin2son --- you mentioned a DIY fix from years ago.... can you locate that for me, or provide a tip on how to find it?

Thanks, both, for your help.

jnjehw

Hey CarpeJoe--- were you able to get that 3D print file, and did the printed clips work?  I could really use 1 (even a second as a spare) if you are willing to send me a printed clip.

radin2son --- you mentioned a DIY fix from years ago.... can you locate that for me, or provide a tip on how to find it?

Thanks, both, for your help.

CheddarJim

Cheddar Jim, Did a quick “phone” look and no luck. With one of the site upgrades, some posts were deleted in full or partially. 

Try search for rear sonar or parking sensors and wade thru the results. A lap top may get better results. 

The plastic parking sensor clips are available on Etsy from LepantoLabs