Sign in to follow this  
Nvdad81

Back in 2 years

I was at my dealer a few weeks ago for service and I ran into the guy that sold me my NV. We talked for a bit and I asked what gives? Why are they canceling my favourite passenger van. He told me that the van is going back in to production after a 2 year hiatus. Is this true? Has anybody else heard something similar? Or is this just wishful thinking?

Im still in love with my NV by the way after 4 years it’s still running strong. Sure there are a few things I’d change but I’d still take it over any other van on the market. 

take care everyone

Odd comment. Maybe he was talking about marketing. Only that would be a 10 year hiatus. 

See more everyday. Received a spring Osprey catalog and there is a photo of a high top NV, “cure for cabin fever.”

I called the salesman who has sold me both of the NVP’s (2016 SL & 2018 SL) which I have owned last week when I heard that 2021 was the last production year for the NV3500. His response was that the new Nissan N.A. CEO feels like the  line of NV passenger vans is not as profitable as it should be and that was the reason for 2021 being the last year they are making them. No mention of a two year hiatus....but from my experience dealing with these types of changes the sales guys working at F500 companies within corporate America’s are so far from the sun that they usually aren’t privy to the real reasons for the change. Lots of rumors and speculation at the water coolers but hardly ever first hand, factual answers.

What he did confirm was that the last 2021 NV’s will come off assembly lines by June/July so if you’re considering a purchase, don’t wait until the winter hoping for a year end discount! 

If they come back I doubt it will be as a (uniquely North American) body on frame van.