Sign in to follow this  

Hi, Jay here. Just bought a 2018 2500 hi-roof with some previous professional modifications for camper, and some really amateurish modifications inside. Has an exhaust fan, 2 solar panels, a porthole/hatch on the roof and some nice aftermarket windows. Only has 16000 miles, but has had an interesting life- it had been damaged, possibly repossessed and the guy who sold it to me bought it at auction. It drives great, bodywork is great, damage was nowhere near the front, so airbags didn't pop and I got a fantastic deal. 

That said, looking to do a somewhat minimal build and need to get the solar and other camper electric figured out. The "house battery" is missing and looks like someone just snipped the cables and took it.

So far I've gutted the interior, put down a floor and am waiting on my insulation to arrive from amazon. I hope to have a first weekend trip the 25th of June, so i've got a lot to do.

Tough truck. 

You’ll find some good diy ideas here as well as links if you need them.