Sign in to follow this  
Blue_NV

New NV owner

How's it going everyone! I wanted to drop by and post a quick introduction. My father and I just took delivery of a 2012 NV 2500 high top last night. It was navy blue and it was very hard to find, our dealer really did there work for this deal let me tell you! They ended up having to interupt factory shipment for this vehicle that was supposed to go to Rhode Island but instead had it come to MD they had to then exchange a white fully loaded NV up to the RI dealer but that included driving it up there and then flying their man back here to Baltimore.

The van we purchased was a navy blue fully loaded 2500 SV High Top and had every option available from the factory. As for the purpose of this van its not for buisness or commercial use its actually going to have a platform lift installed in the rear of it and it will be used to transport my disabled father. This is set up perfectly for what he needs, he is not confined to a wheel chair but he can't walk long distances so his plans are to have the lift bring him inside the van and then he will walk from the rear up to the front passenger or driver seat. We will have to remove the center console which is fairly simple but we don't like that we lose the arm rest foption. Anyway I will post pics if anyone is interested in seeing a blue one and once we get the lift installed we will post pics to show how that works. I'm glad to be here and once these vans starting hitting the streets I'm sure there will be more people joining here and the NV community will grow.

See-ya around, Drew

How's it going everyone! I wanted to drop by and post a quick introduction. My father and I just took delivery of a 2012 NV 2500 high top last night. It was navy blue and it was very hard to find, our dealer really did there work for this deal let me tell you! They ended up having to interupt factory shipment for this vehicle that was supposed to go to Rhode Island but instead had it come to MD they had to then exchange a white fully loaded NV up to the RI dealer but that included driving it up there and then flying their man back here to Baltimore.

The van we purchased was a navy blue fully loaded 2500 SV High Top and had every option available from the factory. As for the purpose of this van its not for buisness or commercial use its actually going to have a platform lift installed in the rear of it and it will be used to transport my disabled father. This is set up perfectly for what he needs, he is not confined to a wheel chair but he can't walk long distances so his plans are to have the lift bring him inside the van and then he will walk from the rear up to the front passenger or driver seat. We will have to remove the center console which is fairly simple but we don't like that we lose the arm rest foption. Anyway I will post pics if anyone is interested in seeing a blue one and once we get the lift installed we will post pics to show how that works. I'm glad to be here and once these vans starting hitting the streets I'm sure there will be more people joining here and the NV community will grow.

See-ya around, Drew

Please post pics & post up your experience getting to know your new NV.

I'm considering a hightop 3500 loaded.

Curious how much ya paid OTD?

Please post pics & post up your experience getting to know your new NV.

I'm considering a hightop 3500 loaded.

Curious how much ya paid OTD?

I just saw an NV parked inside a COSTO. I was on the way out in a hurry, so I didn't get a chance to check out the price.

Hey everyone I wanted to give an update to my intro, We have have the NV for about a month now and everything is going great with it. It drives so nice and doesn't feel like you driving a High Top vehicle at all it feels very planted and under control. As I stated above the Van is going to be used as a mobility van for my disabled father.

We had the lift installed last week and it works amazing, we had to go with a full commercial platform lift due to my fathers size but it fit in the vehicle like it was made for it! I will definatly post pictures soon, I might even make a video of the lift in operation for all to see.

We are taking the van up to a business in PA in a few weeks to have a specialty floor put down, when we purchased the van it had the utility mat installed but with the weight of the wheel chair and when turning on the mat it was pulling and causing the mat to move around because its not attached very well to the floor. We are looking to sell this mat since we took it out after realizing it wouldn't not last long if left in..

The new floor that we are having applied is going to make the floor completly smooth and it will make moving the wheelchair much easier. Ill post back once it get put in. If anyone is interested in reading about the floor we are having applied google "WERM flooring" and you will see info about it.

When we purchased the van we negotiated very hard with the sales manager directly we got $1000 off of sticker which took forever for him to agree to, we had to play the "threaten to walk out" card before they gave in. We didn't buy any extended policies or services and OTD including tags/registration and MD tax @ 6% we where at $35100 for a fully loaded Nv with every option available.

As I said above I will get some pictures and post them here and I will see about getting a video of the lift. I'm sure with time there will be a few members posting up here but I don't see this being a high volume forum just based on the type of vehicle this is and what it is designed for.

Anyway I'll see you guys around! - Drew

Just got my SNV 3500 today, still got to get the wrap done on the 27th, I think I am really going to like doing Locksmithing out of this beast....post pictures later if able to on this forum...

Derek

Just got my SNV 3500 today, still got to get the wrap done on the 27th, I think I am really going to like doing Locksmithing out of this beast....post pictures later if able to on this forum...

Derek

Derek

Lets see some photos

post-81-0-13722700-1319249123_thumb.jpg

Derek

Hi Derek, Did you know that Adrian Steel offers a locksmith upfit? I had one installed in my van.

Anyone see the NV with the lift as yet?

I'm trying to get it set so I can drive from my wheelchair .

Haven't got NV as yet but hope to do so soon.

We are putting a lift in ours next week...I will post pics when done.

Just got home with our new 2012 NV hightop...Navy Blue...tow package, tech package, etc. It was one of the last of the 2012s and they made us a deal we could not refuse...Planning on creating something based on my experiences as a 7th fleet sailor...I want a van I can sleep comfortably in, pull a fishing boat and the next day...reconfigure to haul a load of furniture for one of the kids...etc. Also do industrial photography and sometimes need to haul equipment cases, 9 foot rolls of background material...etc. Our "shakedown cruise" is this weekend. My wife and I are driving 4.5 hours to the fabled Elkhart, Indiana for three days of information gathering...seems to be the heart of the RV world but I've never actually been there. Hoping to find some ideas on the following. A. we want a second deep cycle, kick-butt battery setup like emergency vehicles are configured, so we can use it when the motor is shut down for my bipap machine, fans, radio etc. and still start the van in the morning. B. some type of simple bed that isn't too hard to take in and out of the van. B. would like to have spray foam insulation done and paneled over. C. other stuff we haven't even thought of yet....

I did manage to have a "special" switch installed in the dash that turns on the back camera while rolling down the road in Drive...the camera is mounted above the rear doors in the center of the red tail light assembly...works very well.

Does anyone know much about Elkhart...is there a place there that would do small stuff like I need or are they all "motorhome" types...? Any recommendations? I'm trying to make an all purpose, simple, erector set type of van using space somewhat like a Navy ship does...I want it KISS simple...

Hi all, just getting settled into my new NV3500HD and loving it.  We use it for a landscaping company and haul a 6k capacity dual axle trailer.  I've got the inside set up as a mobile office/storage for all the tools and irrigation supply.

Looking forward to returning for answers and to participate in the forum.

Best, Scott