Sign in to follow this  
Roxo

Going to the dealer today

Anyone got any negotiation tactics?  This will be hard as it’s one of the only ones for sale right now.  It may just be what it is.  But it’s a new NVP 3500 4x4 lifted.  

Just now, Roxo said:

Anyone got any negotiation tactics?  This will be hard as it’s one of the only ones for sale right now.  It may just be what it is.  But it’s a new NVP 3500 4x4 lifted.  

anyone get extended warranty? 

From all of your posts, you should just ask how much and write the check. 

Is the TD conversion included in the 100k/5 year warranty? (After market conversions usually are for 2 years if I recall correctly. If this is the case, you might want to extend that warranty.) Possibly to soon to see how well/long TD conversions hold up. 

No need for extended warranty for just the NVP. 

59 minutes ago, radin2son said:

From all of your posts, you should just ask how much and write the check. 

Is the TD conversion included in the 100k/5 year warranty? (After market conversions usually are for 2 years if I recall correctly. If this is the case, you might want to extend that warranty.) Possibly to soon to see how well/long TD conversions hold up. 

No need for extended warranty for just the NVP. 

ahaha I will.  No haggling in this sellers market.  Just trying to give this forum some more life, it’s been really informative. 

Thanks for the aftermarket TD warranty question. I’ll make sure to bring that up!

Knowing you backed away from this NV, I’d sleep on it. Advanced is a known product and there haven’t been any negative posts from owners that I recall. There were some posts about what it didn’t have compared to Quigley. 

Take a break from your NV search and check out expedition portal, Nissan. This is an overland oriented site. I would be surprised if the TD conversion is mentioned. I haven’t looked at this site in a long time so who knows. 

Here’s some background. We have a 2012 NV Sportsmobile. I looked into 4x4 conversion but decided not to. No issues in the almost 9 years of ownership. 

Still get SMB forum email, but it has turned into a Ford E-series forum. Today’s email included best  4x4 converters for used vans.  Quigley, Ujoint $25k (kit available), Timberline, MG metalworks Baja kit and Advanced ($12k with 6 month wait in 2019). 

Their advice is to check them all. The biggest issue will be whether or not they will convert NVs.