Sign in to follow this  
jimgoings

Sliding Door Issues on 3500 Passenger

Just purchased a 2013 NV 3500 SV Passenger V8.  The sliding door doesn't lock automatically so when you set the alarm, you can just open the door and the alarm goes off.

I also noticed that the the top left of the door isn't flush with the rest of the vehicle.  The rest of the door is flush, but the upper left door and window (while facing it) sticks out about 1/2" away from the rest of the side body.

I'm taking it in tomorrow.  I seem to recall that someone else had a similar problem, but I couldn't find the thread.  Must be using the wrong search terms. ;)

edit: spelling

Edited by jimgoings

Took my van to the dealer and they tested the lock actuator.  They said they put a voltage tester on it and it would input ok, but only sometimes output.  They ordered a new one and will adjust the door at the same time next week.  Here's hoping it all goes well.

We had the sliding door lock issue as well. The part they needed was on back order, so they replaced the entire power lock mechanism from one of the other vehicles on the lot. Knock on wood, but that was four months ago and we haven't had any issues since.

We had the sliding door lock issue as well. The part they needed was on back order, so they replaced the entire power lock mechanism from one of the other vehicles on the lot. Knock on wood, but that was four months ago and we haven't had any issues since.

I have the same problem, at first they said "there was no problem" but now it is getting worse. Going to talk to the dealer next oil change.

Sitting at dealership now waiting for them to look at the door issue. Seems to be the same, you can lock the doors but still open the slider setting off the alarm. Also you have to manually open the door from the inside occasionally as it won't unlock properly from fob or inside locking panel. Jimgoings- what part did they replace on yours and was it successful?

We've had lots of problems with our sliding passenger door on our 2013 Nissan NV Passenger SV.  At first we would lock our van, but the sliding door would still open and it would set off the alarm.  (This is awesome when you have a newborn sleeping in an infant carrier.)  Then, usually when it was cold outside, the passenger door would not unlock, requiring us to open the front passenger door and reach around to the inside lock to open the door.  Now lately, we can't get the sliding door to open at all.  We have a family of nine, so we have resorted to taking out one of the rear two-passenger seats (making the van an 10-passenger) so that we can use the rear doors for unloading and loading instead of having the seven children climb all over the front two seats with snow on the shoes.  I, honestly, am sick and tired of climbing in the back to buckle our three youngest childen into their carseats, I just want the passenger door to work as it should.  I've mentioned this problem three times now, and it spent two days at the dealership and wouldn't act up, so I was told they couldn't fix the problem.  I'm desperate at this point.  The door, even when it does lock/unlock, it squeaks horribly.

I am confident you are having the same issue I had.  It is EASILY solved.

Open the door.  On the door itself, there is a electrical connector that connects to a connector on the vehicle when the door closes.  The problem is that the connector isn't making a solid connection when the door closes.

To fix: On the door, unscrew the connector.  Put a shim behind it (maybe a 1/8" will do it), seal it with silicon, and screw it back in.  This will allow it to make good contact.  We haven't had a single issue since this was done.

For the record, the dealer gave up and sent it to a body shop that figured it out and solved it almost immediately.  Once I saw the fix, I was bummed I didn't think of it.  So much time would have been saved!

I had mine looked at last week and this is excatly what the dealer did! So word must be getting around.  Thanks for the insite Jimbo!

I am confident you are having the same issue I had.  It is EASILY solved.

Open the door.  On the door itself, there is a electrical connector that connects to a connector on the vehicle when the door closes.  The problem is that the connector isn't making a solid connection when the door closes.

To fix: On the door, unscrew the connector.  Put a shim behind it (maybe a 1/8" will do it), seal it with silicon, and screw it back in.  This will allow it to make good contact.  We haven't had a single issue since this was done.

For the record, the dealer gave up and sent it to a body shop that figured it out and solved it almost immediately.  Once I saw the fix, I was bummed I didn't think of it.  So much time would have been saved!

Had the same problem. Shimmed the connector out with 2 flat washer at the top and bottom (4 total) and works like a charm!

Thanks for the info.

I was having the same problem with the pwer lock not locking side door, Cost $500 to have actuator and door handle replace , one week later I could not even open the door. Back to the dealer $950 they said the upper and lower hinges were frozen. I feel I am getting hosed and don't believe this is an isolated problem.