WanderlustAV

Howdy from Missoula

I picked up a Roadtrek Nav6 / N6 conversion recently with about 29k miles.  

Purchased for use as a rental vehicle with my family's new side biz.  So far we're just listing it on outdoorsy but I might expand that to Turo and/or even setting up our own co. insurance to rent it directly.  https://www.outdoorsy.com/rv-rental/missoula_mt/2012_roadtrek_n6-active_247881-listing

I bought it sight unseen (don't recommend that, especially in the current market) as turnkey but the seller took advantage of the opportunity to scam me a good bit with a lot of undisclosed items.    Translated to a lot of work and expense on my side to get it ready to go but I've made it through most of it and the rig's in perfect mechanical and pretty good cosmetic shape now.

I guess it was the first build of this design by Roadtrek and used by sales to drive around and pitch to rig to their resellers.   So it's missing some of the better features of the later Nav6 builds, like swivel front seats,  but has all the basics.  It's built on the 3500 platform and has the v8.  

So far:

• Preemptive 30k (29k?) service at the local dealership. 
  • Full flush and swap of all fluids
  • AC repair/recharge  *one sweet thing abt the Roadtrek conversion is they added an aux heat/ac for the rear area.
  • 5 BFG K02s.  Sized 'em up about an inch and the clearance and ride is great.  TPS was fun....  Spare fits in the stock location, no rub on the doors.  Roadtrek put some interesting aftermarket wheels on here. 
  • Rebuilt top bunk so it's comfortable and no longer deadly.  *Seller sent this rig in a state where the upper bunk would've straight up killed passengers in the event of a hard stop or accident.  I thought that was a pretty messed up thing to do...
  • Deleted center console.  Installed and Engel MT45 with slide lock.  It's great but have to swap out for a Dometic fridge as the Engel makes a whining noise constantly.
  • Keyless entry installed
  • OEM rain guards
  • bluetooth connectivity to the Eclipse/tomtom unit for music

Still have a short list of small things and a few big items to tackle, the biggest one being removing the dumb running boards and reconfiguring the RV hookups, greywater and house batteries.  The Roadtrek conversion build overall is pretty bad/weird imo.   We'll see how it does in the winter and shoulder seasons and look at the 4x4 conversion if we want/need it.  Our other rigs are all 4wd/awd so rwd is new to me.   Just for aesthetics, I'd also love to go through and get all the chrome off this rig someday, not my fav flavor there.  

BIG thanks to all who have posted here, especially regarding tire fitment, that was a huge assist.   Looking forward to chatting with y'all.?

-Chris

20210717_144352.jpg

20210717_143323.jpg

20210717_142443.jpg

20210717_150718.jpg

Welcome. We used to see one in our neighborhood. Reminded me of the VW weekender rather than camper.

Should be a perfect rental. 

For sure.  I think the weekender layout is the ideal one and I like any vehicle with decent clearance that has it.  Hard to believe there aren't any vehicles offered in NA in this format anymore. 

Juicy has done this for years with Dodge Caravans, human size clamshells on top and kitchens in the back with the lift gate for shelter. They resold a bunch of these for $9k. Since we have not been traveling, I have no idea if/how Juicy survived. 

Good luck.