Tatunka

Missing options/functions

I am missing a few options/functions that are outlined in the owners manual.

Missing

MPG function on the dash info screen (Dealer said it was deleted for the 2013MY but is on p. 2-19)

Auto window up (auto down works fine, p. 2-46, yes I tried to reprogram it)

Turn signal lane change function (3 blinks when pushed up gently, p. 2-29)

Hazards do not blink when vehicle is unlocked (p. 3-10)

Sonar problem

The sonar system works but is always on, meaning when going forward the rear sensors are active and vice versa.  The front sensors should only be on when going forward and the rears when in reverse per the manual p. 2-32,33.

Sliding Door

Sliding door only locks/unlocks occasionally, the alarm works but does not always lock/unlock (this has been reported by others).

My reasoning for the post is to find out if anybody out there has these functions/options operating correctly or are also missing these functions.  And also if you have found missing options/functions report them so others may be able to help get them fixed.

Tatunka,

I have a 2013, and I noticed that the MPG function is missing on mine also (and I did look for it in the manual, too- it says that it is supposed to be there!)  I also had an issue with the sliding door not locking/unlocking with the remote- I knew to look for that one based on an online review, and the dealership took care of that by replacing some parts in the door.

I noticed that in rain, my sonar goes off intermittently, and also when in traffic (at stop lights) I sometimes get beeps when in drive when someone pulls close behind me.  I didn't know that it was supposed to be different, so I just shut it off if it gets annoying (I only use it to park.)

I did have a sticker/tag that describes a procedure to shift the electronics from "dealer" mode that is supposed to be performed when the vehicle is purchased, that may have something to do with it (maybe Nissan doesn't want customers seeing the MPG from the test drives!)

I haven't noticed the other ones, but I didn't know to look for them (I only looked at the owner's manual to check the engine break-in period and to figure out how to power the outlets.)

Decades

Edit- Ok, just tried some of the other functions- my driver window auto up doesn't work either (and there is no detent for it) and I did try the reprogram, too.  I also did (re-performed?) the procedure to shift it out of Transit mode/long term storage, didn't seem to change anything (and didn't see where on the fuse block that the thing needed pushing down, so I figured it was done at the dealership.)

My hazards do blink when the van is unlocked (it honks and flashes on locking.)

Edited by Decades

Thanks for the reply, I'll be going to the dealer here in about a week for an oil change and to look at these items.  Ill let you know what they say.

Tatunka,

Here is the article I showed my dealer about the sliding door power door locks: http://www.vitafamiliae.com/nissan-nv-update/ (in the comments, there is a commenter "Carla" on March 3, 2013 that has the same problem mine did new.)  They replaced some hardware inside the door, although I did not find out what- I was just happy they didn't try cleaning and aligning the defective parts.

I also verified that my turn signal lane change function is not working either, although I only tried it at low speed (I would not expect the feature to only be enabled at highway speeds, but just in case.)

Thanks for checking this out!

Decades

for some reason nissan took the MPG thing off the 2013 NV's... the 2012's have them.

probably so nobody saw what MPG these vans were getting