Sign in to follow this  
joew

Seats for cargo van

I plan to purchase the cargo NV van and need a second row of seats for crew conversion.   What are the sources for extra seats?  Original or better?

I have a passenger van and have the original seats. They are comfortable but are not adjustable and it would probably be easy to install the tracks for them. If you want to have seats that are adjustable, aftermarket would be your best bet, then installation might be a little more difficult.  As far as sources there are many conversion van part websites with a selection of seats, local dealers and conversion van shops would be where I would start.

Thanks for the replies.  I saw the passenger van for the first time today so I'm going to be looking at aftermarket seats as I don't belive the 3500"s rear seats would be confortable for long trips.

I installed a 2nd row bench from a crashed E-350 , used the OE Ford quick release brackets and just drilled and bolted them in .Had to be able to strap my kids in ! :)

There are some pictures in the albums on here of the seat ...

Glenn

crewvan_zpsde126af0.jpg

I always wanted a Ford Crewvan. I thought it was a great combination of utility and passenger seating. Great mod axulsuv!

And in the NV , Me and one of my boys can still sleep comfortably in the back without removing the seat ! I love the room in this economical van/camper/daily driver !!!

Glenn  

The factory ford seats work really well in the NV.  We've installed them for local dealers several times.  You can use the three person bench or the full length four person bench using the factory quick release hardware.  Make sure and use large heavy fender washers under the floor so you have the strength needed in case of an accident.  I have a seat supplier that takes them out of Ford vans that are converted to commuter vans so we usually have a pretty good supply of them.

If you need help getting what you need let me know.

Bill   www.oaktreevans.com

I used the 3 person bench , and I made matching backup plates out of 1/8 plate to sandwich the floor , instead of fender washers .... But I was bored at work and had the materials laying about . :)

Glenn

I found this video on youtube. He is installing a third man seat in a Ford van. Some of the installation ideas could possibly work on NV's. I thought it was a good watch.

I am upfitting a 2013 NV 3500SL with a wheelchair lift and will remove the second row of seats. Anyone interested?

Just found a nice seat from a Toyota that should bolt right in...hope to share pics in the next day or two.  Can't wait to start working on the fun stuff that will go into our new van!!!   :)  :)  :)

I am upfitting a 2013 NV 3500SL with a wheelchair lift and will remove the second row of seats. Anyone interested?

I'm interested.  Are they the standard grey?  I would like something that can be fairly easily removed.  How much would you want for it (hopefully you are in western NC).

I just started a thread showing a neat rack I made using OEM NV seats, and it's removable.  They are for sale.

Thanks

I pulled a set from the back of a Dodge Durango. The second row, not the third row. The nice thing about these is that they fold down, and then forward, so you can use the back of the van for cargo when you don't have passengers. The middle seat doesn't fold forward, only down however. Still works good for us. We can fit two mid size enduro bikes in there in this configuration. The seat belts aren't integrated into the two outside seats, so I had to make some plates and weld them to the walls. It got interesting. One seat belt is not very accommodating to larger adults. 

I'm interested.  Are they the standard grey?  I would like something that can be fairly easily removed.  How much would you want for it (hopefully you are in western NC).

Carmen, Sorry I missed your post regarding the 2nd row of seats.  I know it has been almost a year, but if you still need seats I have them in storage.  Yes, they are the typical grey leather.  Unfortuneatley I live in Raleigh, not Western NC.  It is better to reach me via email at saj6439@gmail.com or phone at 919-215-6439.  Stanley