Sign in to follow this  
Samif150

Nv2500 engine comparability 5.6l

What engines from Nissan models 5.6l v8 motor would fit 2012 nv2500. If you know please include models and years.

2008-2015 Titan and Armada

Before 2008 there is a different cam control, single variable instead of dual variable.  That would throw codes and probably run poorly since one cam would not be controlled correctly.

2016 and later are a completely different engine/transmission/controls/etc. 

The last couple years of the 1st gen QX56 almost work, but they are a little higher compression ratio.  Probably don't want a premium fuel engine so I would pass on that.

So with 08-15 I could swap the engine and keep All my stock electronics and tranny. I see people check for matching 4th vin letter. Mine is A. Is that needed to match ?

I have no idea why the 4th digit should matter.  There were some flex fuel engines, but those were just bigger injectors and different materials in the fuel lines, and some computer tweaks as well.  The basic engine is still the same.  Might matter if you were not moving all the harness and injectors off your old engine.