Sign in to follow this  
jimgoings

List of Issues So Far with my 3500 SV

Nothing major, but a surprising amount of things that seem to be quality check issues at the factory:

1) Missing paint on the inside of the rear door.  It's not easily noticed, but the painter missed a section about the size of a compact disc on the rear door.  It's primed, but the main paint (Java) is missing.

2) Passenger seat sensor is faulty.  The seat belt warning light comes on for the passenger even though no one is in the passenger seat.  This happens about 75% of the time.

3) Sliding door is not flush with the side of the van when closed.  I discovered today that this allows water inside the vehicle when washing it.  Not good.

4) Sliding door power lock doesn't work.  You have to lock/unlock it with the key every time

I have an appointment on Monday to get all of these items fixed which they said will take 3 days (mostly because of the paint).

My passenger warning light comes on every time I start the van , passenger strapped in or not ... If they don't buckle up it stays on , I believe it is the self testing logic for the airbag system ... But I was wrong once before , so it could happen again ! :)

Glenn 

Remember that all Nissan NV customers have next available rack servicing. No waiting....let your Nissan dealer take care of your issues.

Remember that all Nissan NV customers have next available rack servicing. No waiting....let your Nissan dealer take care of your issues.

Is this written anywhere? is there proof of this anywhere?

I'd like to know more about this too. Any details?

Dealer had body shop across the street fix the paint and door alignment issue. Much better! Discovered more missing paint, but not sure it's worth the hassle to fix it since its not easily visible.

The sliding door lock is just bad design. Body shop fixed it by installing a 1/8" washer behind the connector harness screws and sealing it with caulk. Works great now.

I haven't found anything too disturbing so far, but I was talking to some one as I was sitting in the drivers seat and the person out side spotted a cigarette butt under the door panel when the window was down, he dug it out with a screw driver. some one on the assembly line must be smoking and stashing their butts!!! lol

My van is doing the same thing.  About 50% of the time, the passenger seat belt light will come on even when there is not a passenger in the seat.  I took it to the dealer and they told me to just leave the passenger seat belt buckled all the time.. I told them that that is B.S. and the tech said "I didn't design this van" in a snooty way.  I just left pissed off and deal with the light coming on.  I should go back and make them fix it though.

My light has been on since I got it.

My first trip to the dealer my van was loaded in the back with equipment, so the dealer took and hour and a half to tell me they could

not find the issue and i  should install all the seats and come back.

None of the rear seats have a wire or a connector that I can see.
I am not sure, but I cannot afford to lose a work vehicle and a full day of work.

Is this written anywhere? is there proof of this anywhere?

I can't provide something in writing but I'm a commercial manager as my name indicates, that is commercial clients are handled.

Edited by Chris_CommercialManager