Sign in to follow this  
Bimmeup

Got my new NV 3500SL and had to start customizing!

Well, I finally made it into the NV family.  I traded in our 11' GMC Yukon XL for the 13' NV 3500SL a couple weeks ago since my family outgrew what we had.  It's been an awesome upgrade so far on the few road trips we've made with the roominess alone.  I ended up getting custom wheels and tires cause it makes it look less van-like and more like an SUV on steroids.  We've had tons of looks from mostly guys trying to figure out what it is exactly.

After going on a night road trip in rainy conditions I found my only big gripe.  The headlights barely put enough light on the wet roads to see anything from any distance and the high beams made it worse.  I decided once we got back to do the full HID projector lens upgrade.  The upgrade seemed easy enough but once started was a lot more difficult than I had imagined due to the glue used in the headlight housings.  I will warn anyone that this was a difficult task!  With the headlights apart, I smoked the yellow side markers and blacked out the reflector where the projector is mounted.  I like the final look of them though, very mean looking I thought.  You can check out all my pictures in my album.

Looking forward to more mods soon.

Looks great!  What are the specs on the wheels and tires?  We have a Black NV and the wife likes the look of your wheel but in the black version.