Sraw Remmus

Copying Keys for a 2021 Nissan NV 2500

Hello,

I live and work in the Maryland/DC area. Recently I got a 2021 Nissan NV 2500 for work and the dealership only gave me 2 fobs and 1 key. I wanted to buy 1 more fob and get 2 keys copied because it would be more convenient if I had 3 set of keys. I have a couple of questions. First, any recommendations on where I could purchase the fob and key blanks? Second, does anyone know how or could link me to a forum/site providing instructions on programming a new fob? Lastly, do I just need a copy of the key and a programmed fob, or is there something else I need? Thank you for any help you can provide.

We got a couple of Nissan Rogue combined key/fobs on eBay and had our local Nissan service department cut/code them. I think that the keys were about $10 each and the cutting/coding was around $75 per.

8 hours ago, Simon & B said:

We got a couple of Nissan Rogue combined key/fobs on eBay and had our local Nissan service department cut/code them. I think that the keys were about $10 each and the cutting/coding was around $75 per.

Thanks for the advice. I might ask the dealership if they're able to do the same for me.

Online check, not eBay, for “Nissan NV key fobs and key replacement” shows a different key/fob for 2021 than other years. Non-dealer fob price was around $50.  May just be the wrong illustration. Non-dealer key replacement is about 1/3 what the dealer will charge you. 

The dealer owes you a key...