Sign in to follow this  
AlosAliziiiii

New here

Hi everyone. I'm Ally. I and my husband love traveling. We want to purchase Nissan NV 200 as an alternative to van. Interested what people think.
Hope to have a good chat with people here.

Thanks

Welcome. 

If you are in the US, best bet is to scroll down to NV Model Specific and NV200. Not that many posts but you can PM the most recent post(er)s.

Then check out UK sites as this is one of their popular camper van conversions. 

A chronic issue on this site is that people ask questions then disappear. Another is very few posts. 

Good of luck with your plans. 

Just came across this in an email from Adventure Journal. 

Front Runner Outfitters makes a “slim line II” roof rack (kit) for NV200s. Expensive at $1200? Depends on how long you plan to use your NV. 

AJ is a good read in print or on line. adventure-journal.com

As an aside, Aluminess has been sold per Sportsmobile forum. Doubt they made much if anything for a NV200. 

Edited by radin2son

12 hours ago, radin2son said:

Welcome. 

If you are in the US, best bet is to scroll down to NV Model Specific and NV200. Not that many posts but you can PM the most recent post(er)s.

Then check out UK sites as this is one of their popular camper van conversions. 

A chronic issue on this site is that people ask questions then disappear. Another is very few posts. 

Good of luck with your plans. 

Just came across this in an email from Adventure Journal. 

Front Runner Outfitters makes a “slim line II” roof rack (kit) for NV200s. Expensive at $1200? Depends on how long you plan to use your NV. 

AJ is a good read in print or on line. adventure-journal.com

As an aside, Aluminess has been sold per Sportsmobile forum. Doubt they made much if anything for a NV200. 

Thank you

Are you committed to buying a NV200 for size and mpg? 2 people makes a crowd even with a pop top. 

If you are flexible, you may want to check out a NV1500. V6 will get 17+mpg. There also are V6 NV2500s in standard or hightop. 

Appearance is actually also important for me. Not for my husband though

Most diy camper conversions are NV2500/3500 high tops, but look up NV1500 posts by Bamps and Axuluv. 

If you want to try before you buy, try Hertz.  They have NVs you can rent, which is what drew us (wife and I) to the NV platform.  The litt'luns are pretty small for full time travel as a couple, but there are people doing it.  I've seen a lot of the transit connects running around lately with van builds.  Best of luck and welcome!

1 hour ago, Local Apparent Friday said:

If you want to try before you buy, try Hertz.  They have NVs you can rent, which is what drew us (wife and I) to the NV platform.  The litt'luns are pretty small for full time travel as a couple, but there are people doing it.  I've seen a lot of the transit connects running around lately with van builds.  Best of luck and welcome!

You're right! Great idea! Thanks

I'll talk to my husband about this

Sportsmobile in Austin, TX has a used converted NV200 for sale, $28,000. 34,000 miles. The vehicle is in Montana. I have no affiliation with this, but you can contact bob@campervannorthamerica.com per the info on the van. They can deliver the van, 5 in stock. So probably rental camper vans.  

If nothing else you can see what a minimal conversion looks like.