NR65

NV200 front passenger seat removal

Hello all- 

I’m hoping to get some reliable advice on how to safely remove the front passenger seat in my compact cargo van. My concern is what to plug in to the wiring harnesses that are vacant. Of course I want the driver side airbags to work but the passenger side wouldn’t need to be functional.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think disconnecting the passenger side would turn the driver's side off, but don't quote me on that.  I know there are airbag "trick" harnesses...how handy are you electrically?  Also, welcome!

- laf

Hi, Local Apparent Friday-

Thanks for responding and the welcome!  I thought I was smart and I picked up the actual wiring harness for the passenger seat off EBay for $25 but there’s still the “open ended plug” issue. I am definitely not handy with electrical things. I’ve heard to put resistors in but the size/wattage suggestion has never been trustworthy. I’m not about to blow up my van because I don’t want a blinking light on the dash.

That said, here is what I’m actually handy at…

7675C048-D41D-4F19-983F-C33A95191156.jpeg

B3C335C0-2F44-4D6B-8139-53330E4F1050.jpeg

It certainly won't blow up your van, the SRS system has nothing to do with the ECM.  Do you have a digital multi meter?  It's easy to figure out what you need if you do, I just don't have an NV200 handy.

Like your conversion. How do you use your van? Met a guy years ago who split his time between commercial sailing and rock climbing. 

There has has been a pickup in NV200s so add some more pics and info.