Sign in to follow this  
Elfmaze

Air intake for roof vent

do the air passages stay open after the van has been shut off?  It would probably be easy to test....  but its too cold outside to run a fan.  lol  

When i did try it the fan sounded restricted but i didn't put much thought to the vent settings

CR laurence makes replacement windows with tiny tilt out sections. I ordered one today from Amazon, because the NV we bought doesn't have a driver's side middle window. 

In the rear of the van, by the floor , on the driver side there is a vent that goes to the bottom outside.  You can crawl under the van to see it.  Remove the flaps on the vent and you can allow fresh air to be pulled in. I did this.  I lined the passage way with closed cell foam and mass loaded vinyl (sound proofing).  Inside the van a put a 5.5 inch computer fan (very quiet) over the opening to draw fresh air in.  I was concerned about Carbon monoxide coming in , but my CO detector registers none.  I also put a metal mesh screen over the opening under the van to keep the bugs and critters out