Sign in to follow this  
kfintoni

New 3500 SV owner

We just picked up our 2013 NV 3500 sv in glacier white. We traded in a fully loaded VW Routan for this. I am a bit sad I had to give up my heated leather seats and DVD players but I think I will survive. I do have a few issues with it such as them taking out the avg MPG in the 2013 models and the fact that it does not have auto headlights. I have not had to turn on a headlight since 2001. I do need to add some pinstriping or graphics though as it is too white. If anyone has driven them in the NE snow can you let me know how it handled. My VW was horrible. Our other vehicle is a Silverado 3500 HD Duramax crew cab with a long bed so big vehicles are no problem for us.

Karen in MA

Hi Karen and welcome!

I'm almost used to the manual headlights on my 2012 ;)

Lots of headrests can hold lots of costco DVD players.... Which can be removed in the unlikely event of bad kids ;)

Ours handled the snow in Toronto with no trouble. First winter we used the stock tires and this past Winter we got a set of Michelin ltx winter tires that also performed well. Keep in mind it's a 7100# beast and stopping is at the mercy of physics. Never an issue getting stuck and we feel very safe inside to be sure. Our kids are small and don't weigh much so I keep all the seats in and add 120 pounds of salt in the back... It seems to improve the ride and traction on icy hills. 2 big bags of salt fit nicely in a Rubbermaid under bed storage bin/wrapping paper bin which fits nicely on the rear floor and is low profile enough to still add a stroller on top.

Have fun with the new van!