rvivian

Access to N6 electrical buss?

Hi -

New here and looking for information.

I've got a 2013 N6 that I had Weldtec lift 3" and install a double swing rear bumper with two Aluminess boxes.  I've also removed the second-row captain's seats and installed some storage for a luggable loo and storage drawers and a small Engle fridge/freezer.

I want to add solar panels and a Peplink wireless / cellular modem.  Mounting the antenna and solar panels on the pop top is pretty easy.  I am mounting the solar controller and the modem on the rear shelf since there are only two of us and I'm too old to climb up there to sleep.

The fuse panel has fuses labelled for a CO detector, Fresh water pump, driver side receptacles, passenger side receptacles, fridge, roof mounted TV, roof vent, passenger side lights, driver side lights, and roof lights.  As far as I know - I don't have a CO detector, a TV, or a roof vent.

I am looking for a way to access the electrical chase and repurpose some of the pre-installed wiring (if it is there) to get 12V for the modem and to pass the solar wiring down to the batteries.  Is there an access near the top of the van?  Is there pre-installed wiring to match the fuses?  Anyone have a wiring diagram or used the wiring to install a fan or TV?

Bob

Edited by rvivian
Neant for N6 mods

Welcome. Who knew N6s were so popular. Interesting Aluminess  mod. Cost a fortune now to add this. 

If you have a CO monitor, it most likely is located above the window near the slider. (Look at the photo of the N6 for sale.) I think they were required for RVs. Unit has to be replaced every 5+ years. The main issue is battery draw, so the advice is to pull the fuse. 

Someone else will have to address electrical as it is well hidden in our SMB. 

@rvivian Welcome to the forums!  You might try reaching out to Roadtrek directly. I don't see a manual listed, but perhaps they can point you in the right direction as to how it was build.  If they aren't able to help, these Fluke tracers are great...you just clip the tone generator on a conductor and then use the probe to follow it wherever you want.  Keep us posted with what you find, and feel free to pop into Introductions and tell us a little about yourself.

-laf

Thanks for the reply.  Roadtrek only built a few N6 Active (maybe 30 to 50 total) and they claim not to have any manuals or wiring diagrams.

The fuse panel has fuses labeled for all sorts of things I don't have as if the wiring for them is already installed but I haven't been able to find where they might be located or access them.  There is a bundle down below the fuse panel, but nothing seems to run up to the pop-top.  Need to look more. 

I've got parts for several projects including solar panels, a Pepwave cellular/Wi-Fi modem for internet access, and one of those Chinese parking heater systems; but so far haven't finished installing any of them.  As I age, I tend to overthink stuff an take a looong time to implementing them.  Keeps me busy.

Thanks for the fluke instrument info, I hadn't thought of that.

Yah no problem. I have that same setup and it works great.  Check at local electrical supply houses... price was closer to $80.  Best of luck.