Sign in to follow this  
WanderlustAV

Rear Sonar Question

If I locate my shore power inlet to the rear bumper is the sonar going to go off?  I figure it reaches out a bit more than something protruding just a bit from the bumper but I can't tell from the manual and fsm. 

Hard to say.  Done right, no it shouldn't.  Make a mock up of the plug you plan to install.  Similar materials, something hard, and about the same size.  The lid to a peanut butter jar would probably work fine.  Tape it in place, see what happens.  The better the mock up, the better the results will be.

This is wise, thank you.  My sonar is currently busted due to a client smashing in the bumper but I bet I can line them up for testing, presuming they are just misaligned and not damaged. 

Front sensors sometimes were a problem. Front license plate?

Crusty has the right idea. 

Bumper sensors are typically not going to have a full 180 degree sensor angle.  I don't know specifically the angle on the NV, but if you were to put the socket equidistant between two sensors, it should be great.  That is where I would try to put the mockup that Crusty recommended.