Sign in to follow this  
Local Apparent Friday

Moto Thread

@aztec Figured we'd pick up the bike convo somewhere else so we don't jam up whitewhale's thread.   

"Yah I'm familiar with the operation...my tuner seems to think he can do better with the PCV that's in there now than the woolich can.  I haven't dug into too much comparison beyond reading all of ridgerider's catalog of work that enabled woolich to do what they do.  Thought about going that route (romraider) but I have other projects to focus on right now, as the bike is currently in many pieces and I have to fix my wife's after her wreck.  +1 for kurvey...we get rider support that makes our pads cheaper elsewhere, but have used them for dzus hardware with pleasant results."

Edited by Local Apparent Friday

Every tuner has their fav.  Our local gixxer builder uses Bazzaz.  Does some great builds with it.  Me, I'm done with dynos.  I made myself happy with the Woolich unit so I'll be sticking with that.  The best part is you can move it from bike to bike, only needing to buy an ECU key and connector harness.  Once tuned, all the parts come off as the tune is an ECU flash.

Well.  Since I posted this, I bought a full woolich setup with the USB-Log3 and the Zextronix Wideband for autotuning used off a dude for $200.  I need to buy the harness and base map, but I figured to flash the ECU was 200 each time, so this way I can do it myself at will, and I needed to flash it anyway to adjust some things that the PCV isn't capable of.  Dunno yet which direction I'll go, price was just too good to pass up.  I have a lot of projects going on on the bike all at once rn, so I need to kinda refocus.  First TD is in Apr at this rate, bike is strictly a track bike.  I mostly want the dyno for own funsies, but a dude local to me has a mobile unit I might be able to rent instead of dropping the 10g's for something that's just a hobby.  I've also already pre-purchased 12 TDs for next season, although I will likely do more than that.  I'm also toying with the idea of selling my BMW in the spring and picking something else up, but I really need to get serious about this van build too.  Never enough time in the day.

I used Woolich to de-restrict, change dash layout, etc.  I can even adjust the traction control for tire diameter.  I really like the thing.  Good luck with yours.  I suspect you'll love it.

Loaded the 10R on the Joe Hauler, off to the last Fontana trackday.  The nASScar rednecks are tearing it up to make some kind of short track.  Left turn... left turn... left turn... 

Lame.  Hope you had a good time.  We're sitting around until April....my bike wiring harness is in a major mass of loose spaghetti right now back at home, waiting for my eventual return.

It was great.  40º at dawn but it warmed to about 60 for the balance of the day.  Warm enough for the tires to stick.  I never thought I'd say this but, warts and all, I'll miss that track.  Oh, and Tony Elias was there.  I got to dice it up with him.  Epic battle.  I drew first blood when I passed him as he pulled over to let his student catch up, he got me back in the cool down lane, and again in pregrid, so fair game to him.  

That's pretty neat, and will make a great last memory!  Never understood the allure of nascar...seems the only interesting thing is the wrecks, and the video game wallride that one guy did.

Anybody going to any east coast track days this season, or running ASRA/CCS or WERA races?  Looking to catch up if so.