Datawise

Alarm sounds when sliding door opened

I have searched the forum for my situation and the link below is the closest to my  situation.

https://nissannvforum.com/topic/1739-door-alarms/

I have a number of staff that drive my vehicles and I have an issue with my 2018 NV3500 cargo.  As per the OP in the link, my staff do not have FOBs, but they all have a physical key to lock, unlock and start the vehicles.

In this case, when the doors are locked and when the driver goes to unlock the side door (or back door) with the physical key the alarm will sound.  I do not have any auto start or anything like that with this vehicle.  The issue seemed to appear when I recently had additional chipped keys made beyond the original two.  I have other chipped keys for my other NVs cargo vans and have not had this problem, so I am not 100% sure it is related to the new keys or not, but that seems to be when the issue started happening.  It is also all the keys (including the originals), not just the new chipped keys.

None of the staff have a FOB, so the doors are always locked using the buttons on the doors.

Cheers

John