Sign in to follow this  
SDElectrician1

Looking to learn! Blended family of 7 seeking out adv NV

Hello! We are a blended family of seven looking for information on our future Adventure NV. 

I wanted to join the Forum for researching what works what doesn't what years are best and what we should be looking for, especially considering the fact that we need four-wheel drive or will have to get the conversion I'm sure so many of you have gotten.

Thank you! 

Welcome!  There's a ton of info on the forums! 

If you're not aware, 4wd was never offered stock, it's an added conversion and there are 3 (IIRC) main companies doing it.  Be sure to check the classifieds here...4wds have been moving a lot lately and there's a thread with links as people find them as well.  If you had to do the conversion out of pocket, it's about 15k last I checked, not including travel to or from.  I will mention that the factory 2wd electronic slip is a bit more sure-footed than a traditional non-lsd van, with proper tires and inflation techniques. 

As to what years are best, I personally favor the first run, but there are many who like the 2nd production as well. The major difference is in the transmission, although there was an engine design update as well.

As for what to look for, what particulars are you hoping to find out?  Are you just looking for a family bus?  What use case requires 4wd?  Are you hoping for the v6 or the v8?  Where are you located?  Will you be towing, etc etc.

This forum is great for camaraderie and the much more technical side of NV ownership.  For large-family-specific pointers, might I also recommend the unaffiliated Nissan NV Families group...they have a lot of tips and tricks useful for large families.

Again, welcome!

- laf