Sign in to follow this  
Thornton

NV1500 Cargo Overheating Problem

Overheats after about 5-10 miles, Thought Thermostat was stuck so replaced it, still overheated and replaced it a 2nd time. Shop put new radiator and fan clutch in. Had new water pump installed. Still overheats. I think some kind of blockage. When overheating gauge jumps down every so often like air is in the system. Any Idea's?

Kinda sounds like you said...like there's air in the system that's not been purged properly.  When I did the engine swap on mine, I caught hell purging the system and the needle would jump all over the place from spiked to low until I managed to get it purged.  Tons of youtube vids on how to do it the correct way. 

Did you do anything prior to it starting to overheat, or did it just start doing it and then you've had a shop try to resolve?  Any particular reason to suspect a blockage?  

Aftermarket thermostats are known problems.  Check with any of the Frontier or Xterra boards.  OEM Nissan thermostat only.